What a glorious day for thirteen men to arrive at Dogwood Dell on the 12th day of June with temperatures in the 50s for a beatdown that went something like this.
- SSHs – 25 IC
- Arm Circles – 10 Small, 5 Big IC, Reverso
- Step Back Lunges – 15 IC
- Don Quixotes – 10 IC
- One Legged Lunges – 15 IC, Switch leg for 15 IC
- Helicopters – 10 IC
- Ball Dippers – 10 IC
- Merkins – 10 IC
- Angled Knee Jumps – 10 IC
- Foot to Hand Mountain Climbers – 10 IC
- LBCs – 25 IC
- APDs – 25 IC
- Freddie Mercuries – 20 IC
- Burpees – 10 IC
Mosey to Iron Cage
For 10 Minutes, do as many of the following as possible: 5 Pull-ups, 10 Merkins, 15 Jump Squats or regular squats.
Mosey to Amphitheater
- Round 1 – Starting at the bottom, do 5 one legged lunges, then switch legs at each level.
- Round 2 – Starting at the top, do 5 rotating elbow planks followed by 5 2-count mountain climbers at each level.
COT – Numberama, Name-o-rama, Announcements YHC took us out.
From the comments made before we began our first mosey, it appeared that the PAX expected a workout with quite a bit of distance covered. Just before we started, Swirly requested a ground-and-pound workout because of the running that occurred at Spider Run the day before. To YHC’s surprise after the COT, Lugnut said that we covered less than 1 mile. YHC appears to have successfully delivered a ground-and-pound workout.
Today during the COP, YHC led the pax through 14 exercises which took about 10 minutes. Hardywood, running a few minutes late, was easily able to find the PAX. All he had to do was find the right circle where the PAX would likely be found. YHC’s long COPs started a few years ago. During YHC’s first year, my COPs were very predictable: SSHs, Don Quixotes, Arm Circles, Merkins, LBCs. They were so predictable that Lab Rat started calling out the exercises before YHC announced them. This embarrassment led YHC to make it unpredictable and a real rapid fire Circle of Pain with 12 to 15 exercises which has become normal for his Qs.
Outstanding job today PAX! Great seeing Lugnut at WDog as he continues his summer tour. Great job as well to Doublemint who already has posted to 5 AOs in 5 days including 2 on Monday. And well done to Offshore who has visited 16 of the 26 AOs during his tour.
Thank you as well to Hardywood for bring the energy to the COP. YHC’s voice was fading until he heard a familiar voice shouting out the count. Hardywood, you carried me through the last few exercises.
- The F3 RVA Summer Tour continues. 32 have signed up so far with a few more expected. To sign up, click here.
- Saturday, June 22 – NO EXCUSE WORKOUT – at the Milestone Clubhouse off New Ashcake Road in Mechanicsville. Click Here for the Pre-Blast.
- Shakedown is shaving his head. If we can get him up to $1,000 he will shave it Dr. Phil style (with the stache) and put that up as his profile pic. For $2,000 — Shakedown goes Brazilian* (*false advertising warning). Let’s help him hit his goal.https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/1034764/2019
- HDHH/Roller Coaster – Wednesday the 19th at Palani Drive
6pm start for run/6:45pm refreshments
It was an honor leading this fine group of men today.
Great job Phonics! That was a HUGE curveball! I was expecting something more like RAMM, well played! My shoulders are going to be sore tomorrow.
A 10 minute COP was expected, a ground and pound was not. A mini Murph is a solid play. Well done Phonics. We Spider Runners appreciated you keeping the SF in site.
Thanks for accommodating the request Phonics !
Way to work guys.
See y’all in the gloom…
Garmin sez max heart rate was 182, so thank you …. I think….
Great start to the day!
Thanks Phonics for reminding us that we have fathers in addition to perhaps being fathers. Got to get to work on Father’s Day plans!
Great Q Phonics. Like the rest, I appreciate the small distance covered. However, I did not appreciate my arms being so sore that I couldn’t pick up my baby. Great job brotha!