24 men eager to get stronger and log some miles on foot or on wheels posted in the glorious Fall gloom of Mary Munford Elementary School. A flag was planted. Instructions were given, including printed turn by turn details for some. And, boom its 0530, time to get going…
The route was as set forth in yesterday’s Pre-Blast — a beautiful persimmon driver or fairway wood in honor of today’s start of the Ryder Cup.
The five milers set a strong pace, led by Swirly, BT, Flatline and Spit. They kept the sixers in view for quite a while, but ultimately the sixers pulled away in Windsor Farms led all the way by Saab and his hound-like sense of direction this morning. Thanks to Swiper for speeding up and catching the aforementioned 5-mile crew that was ahead of us as they made an errant turn — not sure if they were just eager to get to the Inner Circle first or just looking for some extra credit.
Kubota did his own thing and pounded out 5 milers.
4 men (I think?) chose gears — TYA, Profit, Circle K and Pullout (Add in the comments if I missed anyone). From the sounds of it, the route was enjoyed by all.
COT, number-rama, name-a-rama and YHC took us out.
- Puppy Pile tomorrow after Dogpile
- Hot Potato Q at Dogpile – Kubota has the reigns to begin.
- Bring coats, jackets, sweaters, etc. (kids, mens, womans) to Dogpile or Gridiron and Marmaduke will pick them up and get them to shelters.
- Healing Place 8K Training — see Swiper or his pre-blast for info.
- CSAUP coming up 10/20 – see TYA for details
- The funeral for LabRat’s father is today – keep him and his family in his thoughts and prayers. Let’s show our F3 support by filling up the coffers of RAISE with donations in his memory – https://www.raisewithus.org/jeff-kenney-memorial-page.html
Have a great day. Tell your family you Love them. And, of course, GO USA!
No More Gumbo For You!