22 of RVA’s Finest Road Scholars came forward to tackle distance with speed. Four early bird runners, and six bikers did their thing, and the remaining runners did the following routes:
- East on Grove and North on Hamilton.
- Hamilton to Westwood and take a left. Westwood turns into Malvern.
- 4s take Malvern to Grove and home.
- 5s and 6s head west on Patterson.
- 5s take a left on Lexington and a right on Albemarle. Left on Grove to the VSF.
- 6s take a left on Seneca and a left on Grove to the VSF.
Marv took us out.
Perfect weather for top speeds this morning. The 5s set a nice pace with Shakedown doing so despite this being his 4th straight day of running. BT dropped it in low gear for the last half mile using Grove as his personal passing lane. Offshore and Swiper make running fast look effortless.
YHC note: Google brings back quite a few meanings for “doubel deuce”. YHC was referring to the quantity of Pax in attendance today, however one member may have provided an additional interpretation with two Fudd’s en route. Nice.
- Memorial Day Convergence – Be there!
- Summer Challenge begins tomorrow. See Phonics backblast on the matter.
- YHC and Shakedown are going to meet our summer challenge with an amateur bike ride RAMMS. Dust off the Schwinn and stay tuned.
Stay safe this weekend, have fun, and appreciate good friends and family.