13 runners and 2 bikers posted on a clear but humid morning for a run or ride.
Head east on Grove, right on Thompson, east on Ellwood to Main, return on Cary to Thompson back to Grove. Four milers turn on Robinson, five milers turn on Meadow, six milers turn on Morris.
This was one of YHC’s old training routes because of the long stretches of streets with sidewalks, and was happy to be running it with the PAX. YHC would struggle to resist the urge to throw in the towel and grab a burger and beer at one of the many eating establishments along the way. Carytown cleans itself up nicely in the morning, and tempting smells did not seem to be an issue.
Every street sign on Ellwood/Main was turned, twisted, or otherwise vandalized, making the turnaround difficult. Props to LugNut for adding some extra mileage because of the jacked up signs, and making his way back right at 6:15. Sippy and Marv were the only six milers this morning.
There was more traffic than expected on Main and Cary. UpChuck, one of few PAX properly dressed for a run in the dark, was ready with driving tips for the cars we passed.
Genny Light almost earned his first LIFO trophy, showing up late but then finishing first among the five milers. Aisle 5 snatched the honors away, arriving after the PAX had left and running an alternate route. So Genny Light gets the STLIFO (second-to-LIFO) award. It turns out that he initially posted to the location on our map – there are different locations for RAMM and RAMM gears. Can tech services look into that?
- Fudd needs to go to the bathroom.
- LugNut announced a second RiverRun on Monday evening at 7:30pm.
- No Tools is mountain biking at Pocohontas tomorrow at 0700 or 0800 and looking for additional riders.
- YHC has an anniversary Q at The Punisher on Monday.
- YHC is organizing an F3 team for a Family Fun bike ride (10 or 20 mi) benefitting the American Diabetes Association: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?team_id=728706&fr_id=11465&pg=team on September 24th. Registration is $20. YHC pledges to satisfy the fundraising requirements for all F3 Richmond members, Ms, and 2.0s, though additional fundraising is most welcome. With the release of the Panama papers, its time to empty some Offshore accounts.
- Toga is recruiting participants for the Spartan Run at Wintergreen, also on September 24th. YHC’s feelings will only be hurt if you don’t participate in either of our events.
- YHC just registered for ReeseStrong 5k, and is pumped about it.