YHC posted to Urban Assault in Winston Salem on 8/19. Super pumped to pick the day they attacked the hills of downtown. Backblast posted on F3WinstonSalem.com is below:
IPC is Coming (Maybe?)
PAX: Fudd (from Richmond), Wobegon, Crash, Gretel, Lamb Chop(!), Spicoli, Post Hole, Greenspan
SSHs, Leg Stretches, Whirlies, Abe Vigodas, Cherry Pies, Let’s Go!
Mosey up to 6th Street where our hilly journey was clarified. We would mosey west on 6th Street, stopping at each red light for an IPC-lite exercise. Stops along the way yielded:
- Hand-release Hurpees x 10 (which, really, is 30 merkins + 10 burpees)
- Bonnie Blairs x 25
- Bonnie Blairs x 10
- Side-straddle hops x 50
- WW2s x 25
Lamb Chop exercised his mouth along the way, petitioning a turnaround as he apprehended where we were headed. After a bit farther mosey down Pilot View, YHC acquiesced and we moseyed back towards home. Left on Jersey, and back up 4 ½ street, right on Along the way, we performed:
- Merkins x 30
- Burpees x 10
Upon arrival at home, the cup check:
- Merkins x 5 at mid, low, high, mid, wide, mid, and diamond hand positions each
- The Shmed 5k and FunRun, August 28th. All proceeds to benefit Crisis Control. Sign up at https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/WinstonSalem/Shmedfest.
- Spicoli has Q at Impossible Situation tomorrow.
- Opportunities to serve with both Giles’s move and GreenNest tomorrow.
- People struggling with addictions.
- Lamb Chop’s M’s pregnancy.
- The theme was moseys with IPC-type exercises intermingled based on the timing of traffic lights, i.e. fortune.
- Lamb Chop asked when IPC was so he could be ready to mock and complain.
- In a turn of concern, the F3 Greenwood website is down. It would be terrible if they couldn’t get the dispatches out on the 2022 version of their torture rack.
- Post Hole debated on coming this morning based on the “hills” pre-blast. He was a happy he conquered the sack.
- Fudd is on his way from Richmond to Asheville for a meeting and stopped in Dashland. He’s been training for BRR and it showed.
- Wobegon got YHC out for an EC run where we commiserated on the fun of the West Virginia Ragnar last weekend and dreamed on how to deepen the DashPax’s 3rd T-claps to the Na’ntan.
- Spicoli rolled in on Spicoli Time but in time to join us for the critical stretching portion of the warmups.
- Crash was having memory problems, thinking that he had been on Pilot View at previous UA Q by YHC; it was in fact a Flatline Q, which is half the distance that Bailey Park is, but still worth forgetting.
- The goal was to reach Hanes Park before turning around. We’ll have to try again next time.
- Gretel was the quiet man this morning, just getting it done without any whining.
- YHC’s cadence on Abe Vigodas was a little aggressive initially. I dialed it back to a more reasonable pace.
- We intersected a couple of OGs (Lemming and Woodpecker) around Foot Hills on the return trip to Bailey Park who comment that “You boys are a long ways from home.” They didn’t know the half of it.
- A great regret was not getting to the 50 pull-ups YHC had planned. #Cobains.
Great job, men. Everyone have a good weekend.
Post Hole, the keys are on Pilot View; they popped out with YHC’s phone.