Six brave souls posted to the Forge for our second attempt at the quarterly New Glory. We were dripping with humidity before even getting started, but with the skull and shovel banners planted, the PAX went to work!
- Circle up at the Flag
- Welcome & Disclaimer
- Review of the “New Glory” circuit, and complete a tour mosey around the circuit highlighting each of the 14 COP’s
!!! NEW GLORY !!!
- The Forge quarterly fitness litmus test, to provide PAX the opportunity to monitor their individual physical progress
- Timeframe: 30 minutes
- Style: BEST form possible, You vs YOU!
- THE CIRCUIT:
- Starting point at the Shovel Flag
- #1: Complete x10 Burpees at the flag
- #2-5: Run down S.Coleman Rd to the Handicap Ramp, stopping at each light pole (x4 poles total on the right side) to complete x5 Hand-release Merkins
- #6: Bear Crawl halfway up the Ramp
- #7: Lunge walk to the end gate
- #8: Complete x20 Jerkins on the Rails
- Run up Mount Chaplain, stopping at each new paved landing to complete assigned exercise…
- #9 (Level 1): x5 Burpees
- #10 (Level 2): x10 Ball Dippers (2-ct)
- #11 (Level 3): x15 Heels-2-Heaven
- #12 (Level 4): x20 Squats
- #13 (Level 5:) x25 Mtn Climbers (2-ct)
- #14: At the top of Mt Chaplain, complete x30 WWII’s, then run BTTF to begin next Circuit
- THE GOAL: Complete as many circuit rounds as physically possible with good form until time is called. If you cheat or cut corners you are only hurting yourself and your baseline. If you take all 30 minutes to complete a single circuit, that will be the baseline you will work towards crushing next time.
NEW GLORY completion points have been posted on the F3RVA Challenge Spreadsheet, where PAX can review progress over the years! Link HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-L8e9W24ygnU0suaGyKxzi1PgPqY1CBd57hLrKTZI-g/edit?usp=sharing
Mosey BTTF to Cool Down
- Counterama # 6
- Announcerama (see Below)
- YHC took the PAX out in Prayer
NMS: Sooooo, THAT doesn’t get any easier, especially with 9000% humidity. YHC was also missing the Hardywood rabbit to chase. Strong effort from all the PAX, and extra proud of Snuff for being the only other man to come back for seconds – excuses or silence abounded among those others who posted for the inaugural New Glory in April but who were conveniently indisposed today. Maybe we’ll see some of you guys come out for #3 in cool Autumn temps. Also gonna give a shout out to Splinter crossing the river – hope we didn’t discourage your soon return! And last but not least, it was noted that the name should be changed to “New ASS Glory” since there’s so much asphalt involved. Or maybe because it’s a guaranteed ass kicking. Hey, you gotta try hard or die tryin’ fellas. SYITG, DTH
- The Crucible – kicking off this Sat 0730 – see slack for details
- Doublemint Knee Surgery today, and he’s requesting help moving stuff this weekend – pls DM him for details