Yesterday morning in the hills north of Los Angeles, the sporting world lost one its great stewards of the game played in gyms across the globe Kobe Bryant. Bryant, along with his daughter Gianna, and 7 other fathers, mothers, daughters and sons perished in a helicopter trip turned into tragedy. Love him or hate him, on or off the court, the world lost a master in his craft. Today’s HoeDown served as a statistical memorandum to “The Black Mamba.”
Mosey to the bottom of Lindsay Court, a variant from the norm, much like Mr. Bryant, who jumped from High School to the Pros.
Circle up, F3 Welcome, Mantra and disclaimer.
- 24 SSHs – #24 will be retired in the NBA
- 8 DQs – The OG Number
- 20 Imperial Walkers – # of NBA Seasons
- 18 Russian Soldiers – All Star Game Appearances
- 9 Merkins – To The Lost
- Arm Circles. Warm? Let’s Boogie.
Mosey back to the Bus Loop for our first (of 2) triple check – Kobe’s 2 scoring titles
- Pace Care: Run the Bus Loop
- People’s Chair
Boxing Cockroaches 3 sets of 20 reps => Kobe dropped 60 in his last ballgame.
Mosey to the blacktop for a circuit – 3 rounds mosey to and from the fence, at the fence perform
- 2 burpees – 2 US Gold Medals
- 10 hand release merkins – career 30% 3pt FG shooter)
- 27 monkey humpers – career high of 81 points on Jan 22, 2006 vs Toronto Raptors
- Plankarama for the six
Second Triple Check – 2 NBA Finals MVPs
- Pace Car – Run to and from the jungle gym, perform 3 pullups (9x NBA First Team All Defense)
- Donkey Kicks
- Jump Squats, gotta work on that jumper
- algore for the six
- around the clock merkins
- 4 minutes of mary (LBCs, flutter kicks, alabama prom dates, 60 seconds of six inches)
Numberama, Namerama, YHC took us out.
The darkest AO in Richmond continues to live up to its name with near pitch black conditions as the PAX moseyed to the bottom of Lindsay. Seeking a guiding light YHC changed course and shot back towards TES. The news surrounding the sporting world played a heavy hand in YHC’s beatdown for this edition of HoeDown. Kobe played nemesis to all that faced him. He broke my heart as a 7 year old when it became apparent he’d never don the teal and purple. I watched from 3000 miles away as he set the basketball world on fire for the next 2 decades. A master of his craft and influencer of a game that controls my home state from November to April, or May if we’re lucky. I tip my cap to The Black Mamba, The Greatest Charlotte Hornet who never was .
Enjoyed it fellas! SYITG
Looks like a great tribute.