Three posted to Punisher on this sunny and at least 70 evening. The beatdown went something like this.
- 25 SSH – IC
- 10 Helicopters – IC
- 10 Don Quixotes – IC
- 5 small, 5 big Arm Circles – IC, Reverso
- 10 One Legged Lunges – IC, switch legs for 10 more IC
- 5 Merkins – IC
- Lower to 2 inches and hold. Then 5 more Merkins – IC
- Raise up to normal plank position – 5 more Merkins – IC
- 20 LBCs – IC
- 10 Heels-to-Heaven – IC
- 20 APDs – IC
Mosey to Bus Loop
Variation of the Triple Sprints – Two stand on one side of bus loop, the other on the other side of the bus loop. The first person goes while the last does 5 burpees. When the first gets to the second, the second runs while the first does 5 burpees and then holds plank. This continues until all members have run 5 times and done 5 sets of 5 burpees.
Mosey to Playground
- 1 Pull-up followed by 2 Merkins
- 2 Pull-ups followed by 4 Merkins
- 3 Pull-ups followed by 6 Merkins
- Continue until you do 11 Pull-ups followed by 22 Merkins
Mosey to Shelter for Tabata
- Round 1 – One Legged Lunges, Alternating every set.
- Round 2 – Upright APD Dips.
- Round 3 – Rotating Elbow Planks/Foot to Hand Mountain Climbers
Mosey back to the VF for 2 Minutes of Mary
- 25 Freddie Mercuries – IC
- 20 Rosaleta’s – IC
- Hold 6 inches for a 30 counts (lasted about a minute.)
COT – Numberama, Name-o-rama, Announcements YHC took us out.
Always great to be back in Ginter Park which is where YHC grew up just 4 blocks from The Punisher. At that point, there was not an elementary school. It was a small park called 13 acres. YHC’s family moved out to Short Pump 32 years ago, so it always nice to be able to ask Chum Bucket about some of the changes during that time including an urban farm that is where YHC used to play baseball.
YHC is always even surprised how he is able to post within 1 minute of the starting time consistently. Swirly assured Chum Bucket that YHC would be pulling up at about 5:59 PM. He was right.
YHC expected larger numbers because of the summer tour, but had a great time working out with Swirly and Chum Bucket. Well done.
- Puppy Pile this Saturday (0705) at Dogpile. Marv has the Q
- Happy Hour this Thursday at Tavern 19 (Independence Golf Course) – bring the M and the 2.0s for some food and music and family fun.
- F3RVA Retreat – September 21. See Vinny for details. Also, there is a sign-up sheet for teams for the Cornhole tournament — you MUST partner with a guy from another Region.
- July 4 Convergence – Tredegar. 7 AM
It was an honor to lead this evening.