11 (including 2 FNGs) started and LabRat joined LIFO to give us an even dozen for a good old sweaty hoedown. It went like this:
Mosey a lap around the parking lot and over to what I assume is the faculty lot for COP, including the following (all IC):
- Copperhead Squats
- Tempo Merkins
- Flutter Kicks
Short Compounding 4 Corners – Staying in the faculty lot for a compounding 4 corners (waiting for LR) as follows:
- Corner 1 = 10 merkins, run to corner 2
- Corner 2 = 10 merkins, 20 jump squats, lunge to corner 3 (LR ARRIVED)
- Corner 3 = 10 merkins, 20 jump squats, 30 single-count mountain climbers, run to corner 4
- Corner 4 = 10 merkins, 20 jump squats, 30 mountain climbers, 40 APDs, lunge back to corner 1 and plank for the SIX
Mosey over the bus loop and wall for a triple check now with a solid dozen
Triple Check – good old fashioned triple check with Donkey Kicks, Box Cutters and a runner doing the bus loop with the last straight away backwards. Repeato x 3.
Mosey up to the blacktop and partner up.
Dora – Partner 1 runs to the first basketball hoop and does 2 burpees and runs back to switch. Exercises were: 100 HRMs (OUCH!), 200 Squats and 300 2-ct Freddie Mercuries.
Double ROF – PAX in plank and first rotation was 10 merkins. Second rotation was Alternating Shoulder Taps, which turned into shoulder-tap merkins (Thanks Splinter, great idea!).
4 Minutes of Mary: Hello Dollies, right into Rosalitas, then six inches starting iron-cross style then shifting to hands up to the sky and then straight overhead, then 10 WWIIs OYO and back to the flag…
COT, Number-rama, Name-a-Rama and YHC took us out
- Rollercoaster and HDHH this Wednesday – 6:00 p.m. run 6:45 fellowship. Palani Drive
- Lookout for an SOJ happy hour at Independence golf course next week.
- Puppy Pile – 6/29 – rumor is Marv has the Q and Splinter has the backblast. Teamwork makes the dream work…or at least makes Big Data work in this case.
- Fingers crossed and prayers for Toto’s mom who had an interview last week and is hoping for some good news this week.
- July 4 convergence at Tredegar 0700
Counting the takeover of DaVille (which I am), YHC needed a Tuckahoe Q to Q in all 4 regions…Hoedown looked ripe for the taking, and it was great.
Great to get back over to Hoedown and to Q it. Last (and I think only) time I was here it was FREEZING cold. Today – the humidity was out in full force. Each man left signs of where they laid for box cutters and puddles where they held plank. Good work men.
YHC had intentions of going slightly off-campus and using Lindsay hill for a round of Lindsays but LabRat called at about 0505 to let me know he would be coming in LIFO and hot and that he had an FNG coming. Truth be told, YHC was still sore from Dogpile and OTB, so keeping the moseys short and the running down was a welcome audible.
Welcome to Shakeweight (Pete) who IS a certified personal trainer among other interesting facts (he’s an Aussie), but that is how we landed on Shakeweight. And welcome to Rolex (Shane) who met Lab Rat playing disc golf — he got his name because during the ROF YHC looked over at Shane and noticed the lovely old school shiny (read not a tech or fitness) watch on his wrist oh, and no gloves. Love that you guys posted this morning after meeting Offshore and Lab Rat, respectively, yesterday or this weekend. Way to push through this morning. Stick with and keep posting!
And, don’t worry Kubota – I made sure to get you in the PAX list this time!
Great morning fellas – thanks for letting me come take the lead.
No More Gumbo For You!