SOJ sent 6 of its region’s finest (and 1 honorary SOJ member for a day (DTH)) along with the Ghost Flag to commandeer Spit’s Q and takeover DaVille for a day. The journey was long and Capt. Andrew Luck would be proud of our fortitude during this campaign to takeover the North. Our offensive was met with a strong force of DaVille locals as well as some summer tourists (or guys who may have just been lost). All told, the PAX numbered 23. It went something like this:
Announce the takeover (though nobody was surprised) and mosey over to the soggy grassy field between the schools and near the bus loop for COP, including the following (all IC except the Burpees):
- SSHs – apologies to the DaVille crew for making you count to 30. YHC forgot about the counting limitations in DaVille.
- SOJ Hillbillies – hops mandatory
- 5 Burpees OYO
- Alternating Shoulder Taps
- Freddie Mercuries
Wall Work – Mosey across the wet grass to the brick wall for the following:
- 20 Donkey Kicks, bear crawl to side walk, 20 jump squats, crawl bear back to the wall, wall sit for The SIX.
- 20 Donkey Kicks, lunge to side walk, 20 jump squats, backwards lunge to the wall, BTTW for the SIX.
- 10 Chicken Peckers IC
Nicole Teaser – No time for the full 20-minutes of Nicole, but the SOJ crew wanted to bring one of our favorite ladies for the Daville PAX, so we did 5 minutes of Nicole. Run a lap around the outside of the bus loop and upon return to the gas pumps perform 10 merkins, 10 2-ct ball dippers and 10 WWII situps. Repeato AMRAP.
Nicole Encore – Nicole wasn’t satisfied with 5 minutes, so the PAX formed 2 lines for one more lap, indigenous people run style, and 1 more set of the three exercises upon return to the gas pumps.
Plank-o-rama for the SIX and then the Q was passed to Rosie…
Mosey over to the nearby fields (there are so many fields at DaVille it is crazy) for a COP of Rosie’s Random Access, including the following (and more) in rapid-fire succession:
- Heels to Heaven
- Hello Dollies
- Smurf Jacks – in honor of our hosts
- Imperial Walkers
- Copperhead Squats
- Diamond Merkins
- Peter Parkers
- Flutter Kicks – Mark Spitz style
- 10 Burpees OYO
Q passed to Flatline…guess where we are going — “On the Line Boys!” for Partner Work. Partner 1 carries Partner 2 the length of the field, stopping ever 30’ish steps for 30 PLTs each. Flapjack and return doing the same until time was called and we headed for the Flags.
COT, Number-rama and Name-a-Rama and YHC took us out.
- Summer Tour is in FULL effect. Takeovers, clown cars, and Qing a new AO are all great during the summer tour.
- Next Saturday – NO EXCUSE WORKOUT – in DaVille. See Spit or The Carpenter for details. There is also a pre-blast out there.
- Shakedown is shaving his head. If we can get him up to $1,000 he will shave it Dr. Phil style (with the stache) and put that up as his profile pic. For $2,000 — Shakedown goes Brazilian* (*false advertising warning). Let’s help him hit his goal. https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/1034764/2019
- HDHH – Happy Day Hump Hour according to DTH!! coming soon. June 19 I believe at Palani Drive. See Kubota for details.
What a great morning for a couple of SOJ clown cars to descend upon DaVille. Traffic was nonexistent at 0445 so the trip was swift and easy and YHC’s SSGumbo-mobile pulled into an empty DaVille parking lot and Rosie, Draper and YHC were ready to roll.
Word got out about the takeover and it was good because the DaVillians came out in full force to defend their turf. Great turnout and great work men!
There were a few other summer tour participants as well – with a Bleeder sighting. He went South yesterday and North today. Good to see one of the Captains is monitoring his outposts!
Strong work by the Qs. I think we brought the pain and gave the PAX a beatdown to justify the takeover. Always great to hear the groans when the Q says “find a partner roughly your size”. And, why do guys run away from Gumbo? Not Pavarotti! Thank you sir – great partnering with you.
Thanks to Rosie, Don Draper, Flatline, Sugar Sock, Shakedown and DTH for joining in the takeover.
DaVille (Spit) has the Ghost Flag…can’t wait to see what you do with it.
Have a great Tuesday men!
No More Gumbo For You!