A dozen of Richmond’s finest lumberjacks assembled at The Forge for an inaugural DTH caberama. With a 70 degree sunrise making mumblechatter merry, the PAX partnered up, collected their cabers from YHC’s truck, and at 05:30 on 05/30 a team of steely-eyed men was seen carrying heavy logs into the distance…
Mosey to COP #1:
- Partners shoulder carry cabers down to the culdesac, stopping at each light post for x3 overhead press
- Circle up for SSH x20 IC
- Incline Merkins on cabers, x10 IC
- DQ’s x10 IC
- Derkins with feet on cabers, x20 IC
- LBC’s x20 IC
- Rapid Alternating Feet on Cabers x20 IC
Mosey to COP #2:
- NEW Partners carry cabers back up Love Hill, stopping at each light post to complete x3 caber curls
- Triple Check at the grassy knoll:
- Two men at bottom squat pressing standing caber back and forth, while 3rd man bear crawls up the hill and runs back down
Mosey to COP #3:
- NEW Partners shoulder carry cabers around school to soccer field
- Teams space well out on sideline
- Caber Toss Suicides: cross the field and back by tossing caber as far as possible (either as a team or individual tosses) running back together to touch baseline between throws
- ABC’s for the Six
Mosey Back to Flag:
- NEW partner/caber carry back to the ST
- Stow cabers in YHC’s truck
- Circle up for hands-up low flutters x30 IC
- Counterama #12
- Announcerama (see Comments)
- YHC took us out in Prayer
- Beautiful morning to add a little CSAUP to the Forge routine. YHC has a LOT of oak trees at the house, so there has been a steady accumulation of 5-6 foot logs over the last couple months, with a Caberama in mind for a future Q. Couldn’t have asked for a better group of men to handle my wood… and special kudos to Wojo & Fire Marshal for their Caber Tossing competence.
– Puppy Pile this Saturday 6/1 at Dogpile location starting at 0705
– Click to sign up for Summer Tour – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-L8e9W24ygnU0suaGyKxzi1PgPqY1CBd57hLrKTZI-g/edit?ts=563e70a3#gid=1083932325
Great Q, DTH! My shoulders are a little beat up from carrying the logs, but temporary scars are good signs of a well executed beat down. Thanks for bringing the props today.
Thanks to Wojo for teaming up on the caber toss across the field…he made it look easy! Those skirt wearing…uh, kilt wearing dudes have nothing on him.
Have a great day gents!
Block, Bricks, Stones…and now Logs. Nice one DTH. Running around carrying those things for 45 minutes was very effective. And we have the marks all over our shoulders to prove it. Way to work guys.
Would love to burn that first one I carried at the F3 retreat later in the summer. The others I was acquainted with were not nearly so heavy. #Respect to whomever carried that big boy back up the hill!
Well done DTH! I was impressed that the log coupons were used for the entire beat down. However, I won’t be too disappointed if they stay away for a while.
Great partnering (or tripling up) today with Garbage Plate, Wojo, Sugar Sock, and Handshake!
I would love to burn the one that we had to hurl down the field and back.
I have a sneaking suspicion it was the same one.
Haha – they may very well be fodder for the retreat bonfire!
My Ferguson clan roots finally showed. Thanks to DTH and the fellow PAX for helping me discover a new calling!