16 veterans of the Gloom layered up and posted on this brisk morning to W-Dog to start our morning and our season of Lent the only way we know how – with some fellowship and some pain. Here is what transpired:
Mosey to the circle in front of the amphitheater and do some Flange-esque warm up around the circle with shuffles and butt-kickers and high knees. Then circle up in the grass for traditional COP, including:
- Imperial Walkers
- Hello Dollies
- Freddie Flutters
The Season of Lent is 46 days
Mosey to the bottom of the amphitheater and announce our next 46-inspired exercise — 10 Burpees OYO in the mosh pit, then 2 Burpees per step all the way up to the top…46 total. Al Gore for the Six
What goes up….
2 Dips on each step on the way down and 12 dips on the last step…46…BOOM.
Plank for the Six, then some plank-o-rama all together.
My Lenten Sacrifice…
I hate the Rusty Cage or, well, it hates me, so today my sacrifice was to work it into the beatdown. Mosey over to the fire hydrant and gather up. The circuit shall consist of 10 WWII sit ups a run to the cage and 5 pull-ups/chin-up/jerkins (your choice or mix n match), then run back to hydrant. Repeato x 5. Early finishers LBC for the Six.
Um, I thought it was 40 Nights…
The little mumblechatter that occurred during the Burpee fest was “hey, wait, I thought it was 40 nights?” So YHC obliged with a traditional 40 “Lindsay” exercise. Mosey over the far circle and the top of Rugby Rd Hill. 30 Merkins at the top, run down, 10 Jump Squats, run backwards back up. +/- by 5 and repeat. Audible called at the 20/20 to do both exercises at top and bottom. Rabbits get APDs until the six is done.
3 MOM in the grass, all IC:
- Freddie Mercuries – SLOOOW then Fast
AYG back to the Flag!
COT, Number-rama and Name-a-rama, then YHC took us out.
- LabRat has challenged himself to lose some lbs by May 1. If he doesn’t, Shakedown has a $100 check from LabRat ready to be sent to PETA. You got this brother.
- A group is rucking from RAMM this Friday – setting off at 0515.
- Hardywood is putting together a blay certification class at Peak Exerience. See him if you are interested.
- Roger Roger’s father-in-law has eye-cancer. Keep him in your prayers.
- Bodos’ church has ashes service tonight at 7 pm if you are looking for one.
- Keep praying for Sugar Sock to defeat the plague and get back out in the gloom.
It was great to be back out at W-Dog and to Q. PS – thanks to Tobit for the reminder yesterday at NoToll that I had this Q. Thanks to the PAX for following my lead this morning. It is always an honor to step into the circle before such a fine group of men. Way to push yourselves today, and let’s each push ourselves just a little harder over these next 46 days until Easter to be better in some way – whether that is doing something positive, being more present and attentive to our families or sacrificing something for this period of time, let’s all find a way to push ourselves just a little extra.
No More Gumbo For You!