9 SOJers (or SOJers at heart…Handshake) broke the warm hold of the bed and posted to Twin Team this morning for warm bowl of Gumbo…sort of. This is how it went:
Mosey around the side of BWES (the dark side) to the circle at the end of the bus loop for COP, including:
- Imperial Walkers
- Freddie Mercuries – alternating speeds
Triple Check – classic triple check with merkins (any type you want), flutter kicks and a run around the bus loop.
Fun with Door Numbers:
- 10 doors
- Round 1 – Monkey Humpers at the even numbered doors and merkins at the odd numbered doors – do the number on the door.
- Round 2 – same but double the number on the door.
Rings of Fire/Burpee Shuffle – in the covered, dry area by door #1
- Round 1 – hold six inches and do 10 heels to heaven when it is your turn
- Lap around the front circle
- Round 2 – plank and do 10 merkins when it is your turn
- Lap around the circle – a little faster this time
- Round 3 – Burpee shuffle – when it comes to you call 1, 2 or 3 but you can’t repeat the number said right before you.
- Lap around the circle – a little slower this time!
5 Minutes of Mary, including:
- Cross Leg Lifts
- Rocky Balboa’s
- American Hammers
- Box Cutters
- Hello Dollies
Back to the flag for COT, Number-rama, Name-a-rama, Announcements and YHC took us out.
- Marmaduke is still collecting coats and jackets – any kinds, kid’s, men’s, woman’s. Bring them all.
- A few prayer requests for some families at St. Edwards that Radar and I know who are going through some tough times or illnesses.
YHC really had no plan. I briefly thought about some track work – maybe The Suck, maybe The Cooper. In the end, YHC wasn’t feeling like that much running this morning. Had a case of the Wilson’s! Instead, we stuck close to BWES and stuck together. Almost a ground and pound but we got a little running in there for some cardio…or for some relief from merkins and monkey humpers. No doubt the school cameras got their fill of grown men doing monkey humpers and APDs. Yep, we are on a list somewhere.
By my count, we did 75 merkins in the tour of the Doors. Another 20 in COP and 10 in the ROF – so that is 105 plus however many you did individually during the Triple Check.
YHC is heading out of town to take the kids to Disney for the week. I hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving…and hopefully TYA gets some dry weather to drain the moat in my backyard!! The next time YHC posts in the gloom will be Monday, November 26 – YHC’s 40th birthday. YHC will be spending time this week looking for an interesting loop to run 40 times for River Run…be ready!
See you fellas in a week and without any more HATE. Happy Thanksgiving men!
No More Gumbo For You!