5 men posted to SOT to start their hump day with a beatdown. No Q signed up, so YHC broke out the KBs and a jump rope and off we moseyed…here is what followed:
Mosey to track and complete our daily mile…check.
Circle up at the bottom of the hill for a brief COP, including:
- Tempo Merkins
KB Suck Rotation (Gumbo) 4 pain stations and 1 rabbit (timer) – AMRAP exercises until rabbit runs to the top of the hill and back down, then rotate. In round 2 – run backwards up and forwards down.
Round 1 exercise stations were:
- Jump Rope
- KB Swing (1 arm or 2 – your choice or mix and match) with 25lb KB
- Goblet squats with 35lb KB
- Flutter kicks
Round 2 exercises were:
- Jump Rope
- WWII sit up and press with 25lb KB
- Shoulder Press with 35lb KB
- Box Cutters
Track 4 Corners, Prostitute Style (Sugar Sock)
Starting in “corner” 1 with 10 merkins, run straight away to “corner” 2 and do 10 merkins and 20 WWII sit ups, run curve to “corner” 3 for 10 merkins, 20 WWIIs, 30 squats, run straight away to “corner” 4 for 10 merkins, 20 WWIIs, 30 squats and 40 LBCs, plank until everyone finishes.
DK’s got the Q –
Mosey around the track 1 lap to “loosen” DK’s back (or, as surmised by Rosie, for DK to determine what pain to inflict on the PAX)
“BL” portion of BLIMPS up the hill to return the KBs – alternate rounds of Bear Crawl (or for 2 lucky PAX members each round Death Crawls with a KB) and Lunges. 20 “strides” each round then switch. Pass the KBs down the line.
Mosey back to the flag from the top of the hill for COT, COR, NOR and YHC took us out.
- 10/20 CSAUP – see TYA for details
- Marmaduke is collecting coats, jackets, etc. to deliver to homeless shelters for the winter months ahead. Let’s fill up his truck.
- October – mile a day challenge. 1 continuous mile (no stopping for exercises) outdoors each day. Get it done.
- Garmin month steps challenge…or, if you don’t have a Garmin, log your steps each day if you want to participate.
- 8K Training at the Healing Place – see Swiper if you can help out – Saturdays after Dogpile (0730).
- “Care packages” in local middle schools and high schools are not what you think they are…see Slim Shady if you want to know.
No Q = hot potato…err hot kettlebells today. Great work guys. We logged some miles as well – almost 3 on my Fitbit. Maybe Rosie can share the Garmin equivalent.
Some speculation during our 1 lap interlude as to whether the Q at NoToll next Tuesday is actually Conspiracy as the Q-sheet says or if that is someone (maybe Loose Goose?) disguising their guest Q at NoToll. It could be FORM TUESDAY and major KOTTERS for Conspiracy or it could be a sneak attack Lucky Horseshoe…who knows?Only time will tell, but consider SOJ’s curiosity piqued – or at least Gumbo’s. Let’s get a big crowd at NoToll on Tuesday for whatever is in store.
Have a great hump day men!
No More Gumbo For You!