31 PAX (including two 2.0s)broke the hold and left the comfortable AC behind this morning to post for a Dogpile beatdown to close out the month of June. YHC planned to get in a few of his favorites before he leaves town for a while. This is how it went:
Circle up around the Flag for COP, including:
- Imperial Walkers
- Tempo Merkins
- Flutter Kicks
- 6 Burpees OYO
Bridget Triple Check – Mosey down to the parking lot by the bridge and pair off in 3s for a triple check — 1 member runs out to the 6th light pole (count them however you want) and do 2 burpees and return, 2nd member is doing WWII situps and 3rd member is doing jump squats. Switch off and repeat x3.
Al Gore Palooza and Plan-O-Rama for the Six
Pipeline Dora – Mosey down the road to the pipeline and team up for a Pipeline Dora — 100 merkins, 200 single-count mountain climbers and 300 single-count American Hammers. Trade off with your partner while running the pipeline loop.
Brief Cage Visit – Mosey up the pipeline to the Rusty Cage, perform LBCs until the six arrives, then each PAX member completes 5 Burp-Ups and then run to the amphitheater pit.
Six inches and Flutterkicks IC until the six arrives.
Proper Amphitheater Doras — Complete 1 incline merkin, 2 box jumps and 3 2-ct Freddy Mercuries on each step all the way up to the top.
Plank in the circle or bear crawl to the man-hole cover in the middle and back to the edge for the six.
Ring of Fire — Circle up around the big circle for Merkin ROF 10 merkins and pass, holding plank.
Back to the Flag…COT, number-rama and name-a-rama and YHC took us out.
- July 4 convergence at Tredegar at 0700 — Kubota will kick things off and there will be coffeeteria in the parking lot afterwards.
- Send thoughts and positive vibes to Rosie and Shakedown this evening as they will be crushing a 50K out in Farmville. Good Luck Guys! Sugar Sock is on logistics and will be tweeting updates.
- July Puppy Pile needs a Q…step up if you can.
- Guest Q at Grid Iron next Saturday. Lab Rat has Dogpile if you want to take the hard way…according to LR.
- Circle K and TYA and their 2.0s (or some of them) are heading off on a mission trip soon…good luck fellas.
- Keep hitting those AOs for the Summer Challenge. Lab Rat announced that Breaking Bread is Extra Credit.
- Ultimate Frisbee at Heartbreak Ridge on 7/9 — white and black shirts
Great morning fellas. YHC rolled in around 0533 to find Big Blue of course and the AO secured. After a brief visit to the blue building (and a near shared experience in the blue building with UpChuck…YIKES), YHC was ready to roll and the cars and PAX members kept rolling in one after another in the last 10 minutes. 0600…time to get it on…circle up!
Mumble chatter was at a good level until we hit the pipeline…that takes it out of you. Lab Rat declared the bridge Triple Check a failure before we started, but YHC thinks it worked out ok. In hindsight, should have run further out onto the bridge and killed the burpees. YHC loves the bridge and wanted to get it in again before leaving town.
Strong work by all and thanks to Lab Rat and Swirly for partnering up today. Tclaps to Dory and Pele – way to work! Phonics was killing the bridge. Swirly and Spike and Helix and Sippy and Hardywood were out front all day. Great job guys!
Have a great day, weekend and month gents!
No More Gumbo For You!