2 second-timers, 1 summer tour participant, and 4 regulars tackled the dawn at Heartbreak Ridge this morning.
Mosey to front grassy area
Disclaimer. COP: Invisible jump rope x20, Russian Soldiers x15, Russian Kickbacks x15, IW x15 Freddie Mercury x15, CDD x15
Mosey to the bus loop on other side of the school
Curb crawls – bear crawl to other side, do 1 decline merkin. Bear crawl back, do 1 merkins. All the way up to 11.
Indian Run around the perimeter of the AO counter-clockwise all the way to the Jerkin Gym
With partners, do 3 sets of 10 Jerkins
Mosey to other side of track.
Triple check – dips on hill bleachers with feet also up on the next bleacher down, back plank, run to other end of parking lot & back
Mosey to the wall of the school
– 90 seconds of lunges
– 90 seconds of wall sits
– 90 seconds plank
– 40 donkey kicks
– 60 seconds of Lieutenant Dans
Mosey back to SF
Stretching COP: quads, hammys, butterfly, IT band/hip flexor
Announcement – Hump Day Happy Hour at Hardywood West Creek location tomorrow. See pre-blast, this is a send off for Flashdance and Fudd (though Fudd will not be there.
– Good to see our newbies back out, way to get back at it again, Le Tigre (not Tea Gray, as in Earl Grey Tea) and Ponch. Look forward to seeing you continue to post
– A generally quiet pax this morning… except for groans about the Curb Crawls, led by Attila. This “Bob Vila of Qs” takes that mostly (?) as a compliment. YHC is already sore from curb crawls, lunges, and wall sits in particular. Sore is good.
– A bit of a surprise to not see Vinny present and sporting his team’s colors. If he’d asked YHC to give up the Q it probably wouldn’t have happened. YHC is happy for Caps fans, though prefers to not participate in the celebration of a rival’s championship. Perhaps one of NoToll, DaVille, or Spider Run is calling next week.
– The title is a genius quote ascribed to the great Bob Vila