28 descended upon Dogpile in reasonable temperatures for light calisthenics. This is what transpired, more or less…
As Lockjaw is still under the weather (get better soon buddy), he asked Circle K if he would take the Q this morning. Since CK has his birthday-Q next week and was running on a tight schedule, he rightly opted for a hot potato.
Circle K (first Q):
COP: Invisible Jump Ropes (i.e. jump up and down aimlessly), DQ’s (Sloooooowly), Squats.
Ascending dips up Carillon steps (1 to 18). Descending Inclined Merkins (18 to 1). Plank up. After a few reach-arounds and turns at Wilson’s Wife, turn Q over to Gomer Pyle
Hallelujah up steps of Carillon (i.e. holding arms in air) then single dip down each step. Advance to circle past Carillon…
Curb Crawls: Bear Crawl then Crawl Bear back and forth 5 times. 1 merkin/derkin off the curb each time.
Abs: WWII’s, Flutter Kicks, Hello Dolly’s, (YHC is sure there were others…). Turn Q over to Slurpee…
Slurpee: Partner up. 200 leg tosses among the pair. Turns Q to Kubota (pre-VQ)
Kubota: Long mosey to Love Hill. Partner carries ALL THE WAY up Love Hill…rotate carries as needed.
Saab: Jacob’s ladder up/down hill behind Carillon. Ascending Burpees at the top of each hill up to 7. Run to flag for quick Merkin Ring of Fire
Just a few notes and observations from today’s workout. YHC is certain there will be many more:
- Apparently it is not Saab who HAS THE RUNS today. Get well Swirly and I hope it passes (ha) soon.
- Either YHC has inspired a few, or the PAX is just getting older and stiffer. It was nice to see some others (Wilson) fall behind on the Don Quixote cadence today.
- Speaking of older and stiffer, Marcel Marceau briefly mistook YHC for Hardywood. YHC almost blushed.
- Kudos to Kubota for his pre VQ (scheduled for Hoedown in a few weeks). Once called upon by Slurpee he took off running towards Love Hill so fast, the PAX almost lost sight of him.
- Marmaduke apparently lit off a few bombs this morning. At one point during the inclined merkins – with a few concerned PAX facing his posterior – he declared “he was really pushing…”
- Thanks to Loveseat for helping to pound through the leg tosses. 50 per shot was a smoker.
- YHC appreciates the growing number of positions applied to Wilson’s Wife. He is certain the feeling is mutual.
- Thanks to Shakedown for partner carries up Love Hill. He would have carried the entire distance were it not for him taking intermittent breaks from Saab’s mumble-chatter in his left ear.
- Welcome to Flatline’s 2.0 now named (Wet) Willy
Breaking Bread on Sunday. Please contact Rosie or Hardywood if you are interested in joining them.
CSAUP signup now (worksheet has been posted)