1 guy rolled into the parking lot at 5:15 am ready for a beatdown. Another guy rolled in a few minutes after 5:30 am and went in a different direction. The rainy fun fest went something like this…
Mosey to the back of the high school to a parking lot.
COP all IC – 100 SSHs, 50 LBCs, 20 copperhead squats, 15 don quixotes, arm circles, 50 LBCs
Mosey to the wall
- 10 Donkey kicks, bear crawl to the sidewalk, 10 merkins
- 15 Donkey kicks, bear crawl to the sidewalk, 15 merkins
- 20 Donkey kicks, bear crawl to the sidewalk, 20 merkins
Mosey to the field
Quarter Pounder (thanks to Circle K!) with some LBCs
- Run 25 yards, 25 merkins, run backwards to the start, 25 LBCs
- Run 50 yards, 50 squats, run backwards to the start, 25 LBCs
- Run 75 yards, 75 two count mountain climbers, run backwards to the start 25 LBCs
- Run 100 yards, 100 LBCs, run backwards to the start, 25 LBCs
4 x 4 x 4 x 4’s
- 20 LBCs
- Run to the first corner, four 4×4’s, run back to the start, 20 LBCs
- Run to the first corner, four 4×4’s, run to the second corner, four 4×4’s, run back to the start, 20 LBCs
- Run to the first corner, four 4×4’s, run to the second corner, four 4×4’s, run to the third corner, four 4x4s, run back to the start, 20 LBCs
- Run to the first corner, four 4×4’s, run to the second corner, four 4×4’s, run to the third corner, four 4x4s, run to the fourth corner, four 4×4’s, run back to the start, 20 LBCs
Mosey to the basketball court – 1 suicide (for Circle K)
Mosey back to the flag… found Lab Rat and heard a report on his workout, YHC took us out.
YHC woke up early without an alarm and was fired up to lead the PAX in a beatdown that would focus on many of YHC’s weakest exercises. YHC arrived in the parking lot at 5:15 am and nobody was there as expected. 5:20 came… 5:25 came… 5:29 came… No one. 5:31 came… and YHC faced a decision… Pack it in and return to the fart sack or ENGAGE in the beatdown. The thrill of attacking this workout solo fueled the fire and off YHC went across the parking lot.
Lab Rat showed up a few minutes after YHC launched out and went a different direction. He completed a whole different workout on his own and he can report on that in the comments.
Leading a COP by myself was an odd but comical experience. YHC enjoys SSHs so he opted to go for the full 100 for the first time in many months. Nobody could complain because nobody was there. Calling out the cadence to myself is borderline insane but somehow was fulfilling at the same time.
Donkey kicks followed by bear crawls destroy YHC. So… YHC decided to do them. YHC is grateful to HoneyDo for pushing him to the edge of splash merlot with this combination over the last few years.
The most fun came during the 4x4x4x4’s. Cranking four 4×4’s out at four corners of a field produces a ton of pain. The running in between is no joke. This set of exercises truly tested the “You vs. You” mentality. YHC learned more about integrity this morning since nobody was there to see if there was any cheating going on. That actually made for greater accountability for knocking out the exercises without shortcuts.
The reunion with Lab Rat was a strong ending to the morning. He shared about his run to the track and his pull-ups. He shared about a similar experience about pushing through the exercises fully.
60+ degrees and rain feels great after the 4 degree mornings of a few weeks ago. We are getting closer to sunny and 70 every day!
I will break out this carnival of a workout again in the near future at DaVille and I am looking forward to seeing how it goes with a bigger crowd.