17 grizzled vets (some more manly (or insane) than others) posted at NoToll for a mostly you vs you workout with a little us vs them thrown in also. It went like this:
VERY short mosey to the first light pole for COP, all IC, including:
- SSHs x20 (during which YHC noticed the nearly even split between Shorts Only Posters and those in tights or other varieties of unnecessary clothing covering their legs – and an audible was called silently in YHC’s mind)
- DQs x10
- Helicopters x15
- Imperial Walkers x15
- Merkins x10
- LBCs x25 (missed my exit ramp and had to go around the block)
Manly Men vs. Others Team Relays — Another short Mosey to the basketball courts and break into two teams – SOPers and Others and form up on the end line for team relays:
- Round 1 – Suicide relay; rest of team perform 4x4s (look ’em up and add them to your repertoire – they kind of suck especially in long durations). Team plank when all members have completed a suicide.
- Round 2 – Suicide relay; rest of team Hello Dolly (audible half-way through to LBCs) – Al Gore as a team when finished.
- Close races but I think the SOPers went 2-0 — the “Others” can correct me in comments if necessary.
Teams were actually even number of runners, since Swiper is still recovering (great to have him out today to partake in the ground and pound sections that he could!)
Chicken Peckers Round 1 – Line up along the fence line for Chicken Peckers (a new RVA favorite) x15 IC
Large ROF Rosie Style – Circle-up on the court for a large mid-beatdown ROF — staring in Al Gore go around the circle dropping for 10 merkins and holding plank, then when it comes back around do 10 more merkins and Al Gore for the rest of the PAX.
Lazy Triple Check – short mosey to the bathroom area for a triple-check including People’s Chair on the wall, dips on the bench (or squats if you lost out on musical chairs) and the timer was doing 25 Werkins. 3 rounds…of course.
Chicken Peckers Round 2 – 10 IC this time
PLTs – partner up and perform 3 rounds of 20 PLTs each
ROF – SOPers vs. Others – form two smaller circles and perform the traditional ROF – starting in plank and performing 10 merkins when it comes to your turn (YHC did 20 to account for the SOPers having 1 less member). Team Al Gore when finished. I am pretty sure this was a dead heat.
5 MOM, including:
- APDs x20
- Freddie Mercuries x20
- Flutter Kicks x20
- Hello Dolly x20
- American Hammers x10
Stumble back to the flag for COT, Number-rama, Name-a-rama and YHC took us out, including two prayer requests:
- For a St. Michael’s family whose 3rd grade son lost his battle with leukemia just the other day. Heartbreaking – another reason to get home, hug your wife and kids and be thankful for every day and every blessing we have.
- For my friend’s family – his father (88) is having emergency open heart surgery today as a last resort.
- Send them all up to the SKY Q men – they all help…
- HDHH tomorrow at Almost Marv’s House courtesy of Lally Construction. Ms and 2.0s welcome — see TYA’s pre-blast for details: http://f3rva.org/2017/11/20/hdhh-weds-after-tgiving/
YHC had a different plan for today, including more running and rounds of 4-corners, but seeing Swiper and noticing the near-even split is SOPers vs. Others – a necessary audible was called and YHC flew a little by the seat of pants…err shorts after that. Nonetheless, I hope the PAX got their money’s worth out of the semi-ground & pound. You should have gotten around 200 merkins depending on how many 4x4s you did during the first suicide relay — individual counts will vary! Finish the challenge strong – 2 days left.
Lots of good mumblechatter today and some especially terrible counting by the PAX…I won’t name any names…Mr. Red Shorts! All good though and a pleasure to lead, as always.
NoToll is officially relinquished from YHC’s control – something other than Gumbo will be on the menu next week. You’re welcome!
No more Gumbo for you…until tomorrow!