And this stuff was ripe. Or was that Wilson? In any event, 11 SOJers were subjected to another serving of Gumbo at NoToll for the 3rd straight week (one more to go next week – with turkey leftovers…) and this is how it went (after Rosie awoke Gumbo from his pre-mosey stupor and last few minutes of warmth in the vehicle):
Mosey to the back parking lot, leaving Mr. Roper to lace up the kicks and catch up, for COP, all IC including:
- SSHs x20
- Merkins x10
- DQs x10
- Imperial Walkers x15
- Copperhead Squats x10
- LBCs x20
- Flutter Kicks x20
Four Corners – Australian Style for Malcolm Young…Backwards and with repeats:
Round 1 –
- Corner 4 – 40 SSHs, run to Corner 3
- Corner 3 – 40 SSHs and 30 merkins, run to Corner 2
- Corner 2 – 40 SSHs, 30 merkins and 20 jump squats, run to corner 1
- Corner 1 – 40 SSHs, 30 merkins, 20 jump squats and 10 two-count mountain climbers, run to corner 4 and plank for the six
Round 2 – same as Round 1, except exercises were 40 LBCs, 30 jump squats, 20 merkins and 10 two-count crab cakes
The Beast – mosey over to field 1 and line up for the Beast, including:
- Jump Squats
- 2-count American Hammers
Sprint Back to the Flag for COT, Number-rama, Name-a-rama and YHC took us out.
- 60 MOM for Thanksgiving at Mary Munford – starts at 0600 and coffeeteria in the parking lot at 0700. Come start your turkey day correctly. TYA promises all historical references will be substantiated and accurate.
- For those late risers on Turkey Day (or those double-dippers who aren’t heading from 60MOM to a waddle or trot of some sort) – Circus Maximus will start at 0700.
- Breaking Bread is this Sunday, 11/26. Hardywood has the Q and I believe Fudd has signed on as well. If anyone else can help out, contact Hardywood.
The month of Gumbo taking over NoToll and SOT is rolling into its fourth week and I think the Natives may be restless. Nonetheless, they followed Gumbo’s aimless lead this morning and for that YHC is grateful. As YHC confessed to Rosie, Gumbo had no real plan for this morning – other than the reverse 4 Corners for AC/DC tribute, but when is the Beast not a great idea to close the last 18 minutes of the beatdown? Also, we managed to disguise 222 merkins in our workout today for those of you keeping count at home for the monthly challenge. Stick with it – 9 days to go.
YHC thanks Malcolm Young and the rest of AC/DC for The Razor’s Edge album. A CLASSIC! and especially for Thunderstruck and Back in Black – that were on YHC’s football and baseball pre-game playlists all through high school and VMI. Never failed to raise the hairs on my neck and get the juices flowing.
Mublechatter was strong today and the PAX almost hid from Flashdance’s LIFO appearance successfully in the darkest corner of the field, but some grunting and heavy breathing clued him in to our location. Better late than never, brother – way to jump in and get right to work.
Rosie and Hardywood lead the way as usual today, but I saw some strong efforts out there by all – especially Ollivander kicking into high gear on the Burpee leg of the Beast. Great also to have Posh back out.
Hope to see many of you at SOT tomorrow or 60MOM on Thursday, but for those I don’t see – have a Happy Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for in this group!
No more Gumbo for you…until tomorrow!