A record tying 17 Pax showed for a brisk Hoedown workout.
Mosey to the front of the school for COP.
Hill Billies, Don Quixote, Copperhead Squats, Russian Soldiers. Note: 5 adhoc burpees were called to get Pax back to order.
Number off for 4 Corners:
- Corner 1 – Merkins off of the bike rack bars
- Corner 2 – ABCs
- Corner 3 – Boxcutters
- Corner 4 – Box Jumps on the front steps
Three rounds with reps of 10, 20, and 30. ABCs spelled Wahoos, Cavaliers, and University of Virginia in the respective rounds.
Mosey across the street to the lit church parking lot and commence Red Barchetta.
- Across the lot and 100 SSHs, run back
- 75% across and 75 Mountain Climbser, run back
- 50% across and 50 LBCs, run back
- 25% and 25 Merkins, run back
- 10% and 10 Burpees, run back
Partner up for Doras.
- 100 Hand Release Merkins, 200 LBCs, 300 Flutter Kicks
- The other partner runs the perimeter of the parking lot
- Repeato until all exercises performed
Mosey back to the SF and circle up for Merkin Ring of Fire followed by American Hammers and Freddy Mercuries.
Swiper took us out.
17 strong is an awesome turnout with Pax showing up from across the river and Richmond proper. Hottest AO in town!
Despite the record turn out, danger awaited the Pax this morning. A slight rise in the road marked the divider for the bus route. Slight, but just enough to take Gomer Pyle down on his chest. With great aplomb, he performed a Merkin, got up and ran like he meant to do it. Well Done!
Finishing the Red Barchetta with burpees, a trash truck turned into the lot and the Pax was perfectly lined up with the trash dumpster. A quick shift in location and all is well. As one of the darkest AOs, Hoedown is also proving to be one with the most tripping hazards as well.
It was great seeing such solid numbers today and on a Monday without rain no less!
- Wednesday – Special kid friendly Hoedown for the 2.0s @ 6:30 am for 45 minutes.
- Thursday – Thanksgiving workout at Mary. Holiday time at 6:00 am with coffee afterwards.
- Sunday – Breaking Bread – See Hardywood for details and to offer a hand.
- Hoedown Pax – Plenty of time to get a VQ in at Hoedown before year end. Sign up now!
Time to Taper,