Despite deceptively cold weather, four faithful Gridiron warriors participated in all 3 F’s this glorious Saturday morning. Here is how it went down:
- Pregame – the PAX continued its study of 2 Peter 1 by looking at a series of verses on self-control:
- Why self-control is important – Galatians 5:16-24
- Where we find self-control – 1 Corinthians 10:13, 2 Timothy 1:7, Zechariah 4:6, Philippians 4:13
- Why we need self-control – Titus 1:8, Proverbs 25:28
- Words of Encouragement – 1 Timothy 6:12
- 30 SSH
- 25 IW
- 20 DQ
- 20 merkins
- 20 LBC
- 15 pickle pounders
- 15 crab cakes
- 15 monkey humpers
- Arm circles – 10 big/5 small, forwards and backwards
- Mosey to the grassy knoll for 10 minutes of burpees
- 30 APD
- Mosey to the playground for a jerkin ladder – 7,6,5,4,3,2,1
- Mosey to football field for a arc loader
- Bear crawl
- Crab walk
- High knee skip
- Bunny hops
- Crawl bears
- Triple check – 200 yard run, WWII sit-ups, deep squats
- Mosey to pavilion for 25 dips, 25 step-ups (left leg), 25 dips, 25 step-ups (right leg)
- COT with YHC taking us out
- 3rd F – breakfast at Einsteins
- Punisher will be 6:30 PM on Monday night. Come to Holden Elementary for a workout after the sun goes down.
- Circus Maximus will be starting at 7:00 am on Thanksgiving morning. Kettle bells before your favorite turkey trot. Take note and make it a reality.
Today we celebrated the birthday of Earthworm, a “respected” member of the PAX. What does one give a man who already has so much (great wife, good job where he is his own boss, 2 sons and a soon-to-be daughter-in-law, ability to write a BB in Latin, etc.)? The answer – burpees and more burpees. It is the gift that keeps on giving. For some reason, I have not yet gotten my thank you note. I am waiting. I know it is coming. You’re welcome EW; I know it was your favorite gift!
We had a few folks out today with injuries and travel. It was quiet without White Deer. I do not know which excuse Nightcrawler qualified for. I am assuming that Friday night wine consumption played a role.
“A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.” (Proverbs 25:28)
God is good all the time. Remember to give thanks this week. We have much to be grateful for.