22 veterans posted to Dogpile this morning to take advantage of the perfect refreshing gloom and to kick off their weekend with some Gumbo. This is how it went down…
Long Mosey (to Wilson’s vociferous delight) down the access road, passing our usual turn off, all the way to Park Avenue and then along the sidewalk the length of the lawn and back to our usual circle in front of the amphitheater for COP all IC, including:
- 19 Burpees OYO in honor of the VMI Class of 2019 who received their rings last night at the Ring Figure Ball – congrats to my nephew (F3 – Shawshank) and Bleeder’s neice. They earned it!
- SSHs x20
- Merkins x10
- Imperial Walkers x15
- Merkins x9
- DQs x10
- Merkins x8
- Copperhead Squats x15
- Merkins x7
- Arm Circles x10 forward and backward, large and small
- Merkins x6
- LBCs x20
- Merkins x5
- Flutterkicks x10
- Merkins x4
- Box Cutters x10
- Merkins x3
- Hillbillies x10 — Jville/SOJ HOP mandatory
- Merkins x3 — Yep YHC blew that one – sorry guys but a few extra merkins never killed anyone right?
- Freddy Mercuries x10
- Merkins x2
- American Hammers x10
- Merkins x1 — TOTAL Merkins = 116 (not counting the Burpees)
Rusty Cage – mosey to the Rusty Cage and partner up for some pull-up and jerkins. Each PAX member completes 3 rounds of 5 pull-ups, with help from partner as needed, and 3 rounds of 5 jerkins. Plank-o-rama for the six.
Amphitheater Time – mosey to the top step of the amphitheater and work our way to the bottom with 3 jump-squats on every step going down. Then, 5 incline merkins on ever step going back up (90 more merkins for those counting). Al Gore in the circle for the six – or if you are YHC, Upchuck and Hardywood – go back and join the six for some extra motivation and incline merkins. Well done fellas!
- Four corners – Corner 1 = 10 WWII situps, run length of the lawn (yes, full length Wilson) to corner 2 and perform 20 jump-squats, bear crawl width of lawn to corner 3 and perform 30 2-ct mountain climbers, run length of lawn to corner 4 and perform 40 merkins, bear crawl back to corner 1.
- Triple Check – BTTP (Balls to the Pots), LBCs and Run full length of the Lawn — three rounds through.
Mosey/Sprint back to the Flag
COT, Number-rama, Name-a-rama and YHC took us out.
- Convergence for Thanksgiving at 45MOM starting at 0600 and ending at 0700 with coffee in the parking lot and some 2nd F afterwards. TYA has the lead and rumor has it the beatdown will be heavy on Virginia references in honor of the First Thanksgiving just East of Richmond at Berkeley Plantation. Bleeder has been tutoring TYA on his VA History — don’t miss his presentation on Thursday!
- Breaking Bread – 3rd F opportunity – Sunday Nov. 26. Hardywood has the Q and he needs at LEAST 2 or 3 volunteers to help him out. If you are willing and able, contact Hardywood. It is a great cause and you won’t regret the 2-3 hours of service. 5:00 – 7’30 usually.
- If you haven’t watched the clip LabRat posted — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL8FKpR3H78#action=share – check it out. Great idea. Great cause. Let’s support our brother on this!
YHC had no particular theme for today other than the brief, but painful, tribute to the VMI Class of 2019 for earning their rings. The goal was to use some of YHC’s favorite spots that don’t require light at our amazing AO (it’s been a few weeks since YHC has been able to make it to Dogpile) and, of course, to pile on the merkins.
The PAX was great. The mumblechatter was flowing, and in the end the sweat was rolling — all in all, another great F3 jumpstart to our weekend. Great job guys. A pleasure to step out front and lead as always. Thanks for following…mostly!
Have a great weekend – and to those heading off for holiday travel – have a great Thanksgiving.
No more Gumbo for you!