A hearty 17 posted to NoToll for what will be a familiar sight at NoToll and SOT for the month of November…a Gumbo Q, YHC planted the flag and off we went moseying to the back parking lot for COP, including:
- 5 Burpees OYO for each of Alex Bregman’s (LSU product!) 5 World Series RBI, including the epic game-winning RBI with 2-outs in the 10th inning off arguably the best closer in baseball…BOO-YAH!
- SSHs x25 for the number of runs scored in the aforementioned epic Game 5 that spanned Sunday into Monday and is YHC’s excuse for not posting at River Run – I should have just stayed up.
- DQs x 10 S-L-O-W
- Helicopters x15
- Imperial Walkers x15
- Tempo Merkins x10
- LBCs x20
Mosey to edge of the parking lot and form up in 4 lines for some customary baseball warm-ups:
- Sprints the length of the parking lot – starting of course like you are leading off first-base and stealing second (or so I’m told). Wait for six and then head back.
- High Knees down and then back
- Karaoke down and then back
Game 6 Relay
Break into two teams – Astros (8 men) and Dodgers (9 men – a handicap since they are down 3-2 in the series). Each team form a plank line in the corner of the parking lot. First man in line sprints the perimeter of the parking lot back to the back of the plank line and next man takes off when first returns…so on through the line. The Dodgers damn near won the relay despite the extra man as POSH was breathing down YHC’s neck the whole way around the parking lot. Good thing YHC held off or else a decisive Game 7 Relay would have been needed to award the World Series (of F3 NoToll Relays) Trophy.
HR Box Jumps
Mosey over to the Pavilion for YHC’s favorite box jumps. In honor of the record-setting 22 home runs that the Astros and Dodgers have already hit in this years Fall Classic, each PAX member found some bench and performed 4 rounds (one for each base) of 22 box jumps. A 10-count plank breather between sets was offered up for those that wanted it.
Epic Game of Box Cutters
Pair off and together as a team perform 315 box cutters Dora Style – equal to the total number of minutes it took to play Game 5. One PAX member runs the width of the field and back while the other performs box cutters – flapjack and repeato until you reach 315.
Mosey back to the basketball court for 5 MOM, including Freddie Mercuries, APDs, Flutter Kicks and 5 more Burpees OYO.
COT, number-rama, name-a-rama and YHC took us out
- November is breathing month and Merkin month – sign up and participate in the monthly challenges.
- November 11 is the Hampton Roads 1-year Convergence. Some guys are talking about heading down to reclaim the Ghost Flag….coordinate.
- November 12 – Men’s 4-miler in C-ville.
A great group out at NoToll this morning. A lively bunch with lots of encouragement during the Relay, though it quieted down a bit when the box jumps and box cutters came to town. Kudos to the Dodgers team for smoking the relay and nearly overcoming the extra-man deficit. I for one have NEVER seen Flashdance move that fast – way to push it brother. Thankfully, YHC didn’t blow the save like the actual closers for the Astros seem to like to do, but I tell you I felt condensation on my neck from POSH’s breathe. Good times!
I hope everyone has a safe, fun and happy Halloween!
Until next time…No More Gumbo for You!