27 extraordinary men (including 2 F3 tourists and 1 FNG) posted to Dogpile for an homage to the great baseball highlight show This Week in Baseball (or TWIB) with highlights from the past week of F3RVA workouts. Gotta love the signature flip from the Wizard of Oz in the attached clip. This episode included:
Mosey to the grass circle in front of the amphitheater for disclaimer and COP:
- Slaughter Starter (highlight from Jville’s Punisher workout) – 10 Burpees OYO — MONDAY
- SSHs x20
- Don Quixotes (VERY SLOW) x10
- Imperial Walkers x20
- Merkins x10
- LBCs x20
TUESDAY – AIKEN LEGS AMPHITHEATER STYLE (thanks Spit from DaVille)
From the base of the amphitheater working our way up the steps perform the following exercises on each step – squat, box jump, lunge (each leg), split jacks (each leg). 1 of each on first step, 2 of each on second…18 of each on 18th step.
WEDNESDAY – TRIPLE CHECK (Marmaduke from SOT)
At the base steps of the Carillon 1 member of the team does dips, 2nd member does flutter kicks, 3rd member bear crawls to the flower pots and runs back. 3 times through.
THURSDAY – PARTNER PYRAMID (Hardywood from 45MOM)
Mosey back to the valley behind the amphitheater and partner up. One partner runs up the hill toward the Rusty Cage and the other runs up the hill to Love Hill Road. Perform stated exercise, then return to the valley and find your partner for a partner exercise. Rounds were:
- 10 Burpees at the top of the hill. 10 Boo-yah Merkins in the valley – plank for 6
- 20 jump squats at top. 10 Boo-yah Merkins in valley – plank
- 30 merkins at top. 10 PLTs in valley – Al Gore
- 40 Box Cutters at top. 10 Boo-yah Merkins in valley – plank
FRIDAY – CATCH ME IF YOU CAN (This (or derivations of this) was done at a few different AOs this week)
Parnter 1 perform 2 Burpees while Partner 2 begins lunging back toward the flag. Partner 1 runs and catches Partner 2 and Flapjack. After about 5 minutes, YHC called for everyone to do 3 burpees where they stand and run back to the flag
LBCs at the flag for the six, then 1-minute of Superman together.
COT, Number-rama, Name-a-Rama and YHC took us out.
- Double Dog (name to be confirmed) kicks off next Saturday at 0700 for a second hour of pain at Dogpile. Upchuck has the Q for Dogpile and is looking for folks to contribute to a Hot Potato Q for the second hour. See Upchuck.
- 1-year anniversary of Hampton Roads F3 – Convergence on Nov. 11 — can we get a clown car to go recapture the #GhostFlag?
- Men’s 4-miler in C-ville on Sunday, Nov. 12
Great job today men. I was reading a bunch of BBs this week and thought it would be fund to bring back some of the exercises I missed from other AOs. Turned out to be heavy on the legs today, but overall I got a good sweat going and I hope you guys did too.
The Aiken Legs workout in the Amphitheater was a slugfest and was prime for getting the mumblechatter going strong and, as usual, Lab Rat was leading the charge. Though, he had a cadre of followers and contributors today. Good times. And, I’m not sure what I missed at the end of the Triple Check, but there was a some serious laughter at the other end.
It was great partnering with Wahoo from Raleigh and FNG-Cherub (YHC thought on the way home that Hallmark would have been a good name, but we will stick with Cherub) on the Triple Check – way to work guys. Great having Gingivitis back out a second day from Clemson. But, YHC’s personal highlight today was Boo-yah merkins with Saab. Out of all 15 tries with our left hands, we maybe connected solidly once…maybe; however, we managed to connect domes at least 3 times. Strong! Thanks Saab!
Have a great weekend men. Dominate the day.
No more Gumbo for you!