On this sunny and 70 morning in the RVA, 16 regulars and 1 FNG posted (at least briefly) for a beatdown on the beautiful dew-filled fields of NoToll and it went a little something like this:
Mosey to the (SNIPER…Viral is down, I repeat, Viral is down — check on our brother and carry on…) to the back parking lot for COP, including:
- SSHs IC x20
- Don Quixote’s x10
- Helicopter x10
- Hillbillies x15
- Hand-Release Merkins x15
- Flutter Kicks x20
Mosey to the first field and partner up by the fence for the first set of partner exercises…Wilson was solo until Flashdance appeared out of the darkness to fill-in for Viral. The Bat signal worked.
- 20 PLTs x3 with your partner
- 20 (2-count) Boo-yah Merkins – down, up, clap right hands, then down, up clap left hands = 1…yes, the PAX LOVED this one!
- Al Gore for the six
Mosey to the Pavillion for more Partner exercises – keeping your same partner –
- Dora 1, 2 (no time for 3) — Partner 1 sprints across the field and back while Partner 2 does box jumps and then box cutters = complete 100 box jumps and 200 box cutters as a team.
- Plank-o-rama for the six
- 20 last box cutters for everyone OYO to help the last team finish
RECESS TIME: Mosey to the front field (which appeared damp and freshly mowed of course) for some Ultimate Fris-BURPEE. Partners split up – one skins, one shirts to form 2 teams. Each time the Frisbee hit the ground (except kickoffs), the ENTIRE PAX did 1 Burpee where they were and then play continued. I believe the final score was Skins 3, Shirts 1, but I KNOW for a fact that we did a LOT of Burpees. Note to self – it is time for the glow in the dark Frisbee.
Mosey back to the Flag (avoiding obstacles) for number-rama, name-a-rama and COT. YHC took us out.
- Breaking Bread this Sunday — still need 2 or 3 helpers. See pre-blast: http://f3rva.org/2017/08/17/pre-blast-breaking-bread-827-help-needed/#comments
- GoFundMe site for fallen Trooper Cullen — https://www.gofundme.com/cullenfamilyeducationfund
- Convergence – September 30 at GridIron – workouts at 0600 and 0700 show up for one or both and bring new guys and Kotters
Another great crowd at NoToll – though YHC was a little worried there wasn’t going to be enough for the RECESS activity until the New Market clown car (with McRib close behind) came rolling in right on time. Then, our man Viral found a loose obstacle (branch, twig, root??) no more than 10 steps into the mosey and went down with a twisted ankle. He left, got some ice and returned for COT…hope you’re feeling better brother. I’ll leave it to Big Data to determine points for injuries, but I think returning for COT and BOM counts in my book!
While the lighting was difficult and the bazooka arm of Viral was sorely missed, the PAX got their Burpee quota in and had some fun with Ultimate Fris-BURPEE. I don’t know about you guys, but between that, the Dora sprints and the 40 booyah merkins, I was gassed…and FULL OF BLADES OF GRASS EVERYWHERE…EVERYWHERE. By my watch, we logged 2.2 miles in total.
Welcome Cheesesteak – hope to see you back out again soon!
Great work men. Always a pleasure to lead. Thanks for following along today.
No more Gumbo for you!