9 Gridiron faithfuls and 2 new redwoods showed up for beatdown this morning. I do not hate them; I just hate myself. Here is how it went down:
- 25 SSH
- 20 Russian Soldiers
- 20 Freddy Mercuries
- 15 Crab Cakes
- 20 Hello Dollys
- 30 APD
- 10 merkins
- 20 Copperhead Squats
- 10 8 count body builders
- 20 Helicopters
- Mosey to the playground and partner-up
- 4x – 20 PLT/10 jerkins
- Mosey to the SPMC field for an abbreviated beast with burpees, monkey humpers, LBCs and merkins
- Mosey to the short hill by for 10 Bernies
- Mosey to the football field for a triple check
- KB high pulls
- Run across the field and back
- COT with YHC taking us out
Today was an awesome example of why Gridiron is great. Nightcrawler was flying solo as a single parent this weekend with 3 young girls…God bless you Nightcrawler! You are a brave man. He brought his girls, and MEarthworm came and played with them while Daddy got a beatdown. Not going to see that every day or at every AO. These girls now know that Daddy is one of the boys. Thankfully, he did not hurl in their presence. Sounds like he was on the hairy edge today.
Welcome to EF Hutton; hard to believe that you have been to Gridiron before. It has been a while since we had a double dipper at Gridiron. Major t-claps for him. He did mention that it was good to miss the jerkins after Swirly’s traditional arm beatdown.
Welcome also to Screwball! Good to have another connection to the Gloucester corridor. Hoops’ cousin got a taste of his growing strength. Hoops was strong today, leading the pack during the beast. Where did that come from? White Deer might need to check that boy for chest hair.
- Convergence on September 30th – 6 am and 7 am workouts; bring the numbers
- Cecil will be bringing back the pre-game devotional back to Gridiron in September – more details to come
It was a privilege to lead these men this morning. Nothing better than the fellowship that comes from a good beatdown.