6 F3 RVA warriors and one familiar visitor from downrange in Huntersville, NC posted on this cool but humid August morning to get the sweat rolling. It went something like this:
Mosey from the parking lot to the track and 2 laps around for a 1/2 mile warm-up. Circle up in the asphalt area behind the end-zone for COP (though YHC saw the high-jump bar and mat and was tempted)
COP (all IC):
- SSHs x20
- DQ x10
- Imperial Walkers x15
- Helicopters x10
- LBCs x20
Mosey down the track to about the 50-yard line for a set of Lindsey’s (40s) beginning with 30 merkins and 10 box cutters, run around the track to the other side of the 50-yard line on and continue Lindsey’s adding/subtracting 5 (25 merkins, 15 box cutters)…repeato until down to 10 merkins and 30 box cutters. Al Gore for the six.
Mosey over to the tennis courts for Suicide-palooza, including forward, bear crawl, backward and side shuffle – with planks and some mary in between rounds, including flutter kicks, Freddie Mercuries and American Hammers.
Grab a pole on the hill by the tennis courts for some pole smokers Native American run style with PAX holding six inches and end-man doing 10 pole smokers then running to end of the line. After all PAX complete 1 round, we did 10 more pole smokers OYO.
Mosey over and around bus loop with a brief pit stop on the curb for 10 incline merkins in cadence. Continue around the bus loop and back to the flag with 3 minutes to spare. Finish up with 10 Burpees OYO and 10 LBCs in cadence.
2.2 miles in total by YHC’s watch today.
COT, number-rama, name-a-rama and YHC took us out.
- OBT is in town tomorrow night at The Veil Brewery at 1800 hours – stop by if you can.
- 100-mile challenge has been thrown down for August — go get those miles in boys.
- SOJ takeover next week.
- First Thursday Ultimate Frisbee gathering in DaVille tomorrow 6pm. Then head over to Marty’s (9357 Atlee Rd, Mechanicsville, VA 23116) for drinks. M’s and 2.0’s welcome to join
- Reesestrong registration is now open and Phonics has created the F3RVA team: https://runsignup.com/RaceGroups/4045/Groups/386047
- New AO starting up SOJ (Tomahawk Middle School) on Thursday 8/17.
- New Sunday Bootcamp in DaVille starting this Sunday 8/6 at Atlee HS at 0700 – see Spit for details
- Convergence – September 30 – Gridiron – 0600 to 0800 (or an option to start at 0700) — bring FNGs and go get our Kotters.
Way to push through today guys – especially Doogie and Carmen. Always great to have Mini Me in town. He was the War Daddy today and absolutely crushed it. Nice work. Also, very strong effort by Sparky – personally, I fear the day when this guy starts Qing because I know he is going to bring the pain. Another solid effort by Honeymoon and Marmaduke – Honeymoon seems to be picking up the speed heading into BRR. Nice job guys.
An honor to lead this group this morning.
No more Gumbo for you!