14 (not a prime number) men took the red pill this morning and posted on ultimate prime day 5-31-2017 (all prime numbers), including one F3RVA RAMM Gears regular who was breaking the seal on the bootcamp for the first time, it may have been sunny and 70 in our minds but it was definitely thick and humid on the ground, and this is how it went down…
Mosey to the circle in front of the Amphitheater for COP, including:
- Don Quixotes (super slow) x5 IC
- SSH x31 IC
- Copperhead Squats x17 IC
- Tempo Merkins (also nice and slow) x 5 IC
- LBC x31 IC
- Flutter Kicks x17 IC
- 5 WWII situps OYO
Mosey to the side of the Carillon for Prime Number Touch a Tree.
- Round 1 – run to 5 trees and perform the following exercises:
- 1st Tree = 5 Burpees
- 2nd Tree = 5 Burpees + 11 Merkins
- 3rd Tree = 5 Burpees + 11 Merkins + 17 WWII situps
- 4th Tree = 5 Burpees + 11 Merkins + 17 WWII situps + 23 2-count mountain climbers
- 5th Tree = 5 Burpees + 11 Merkins + 17 WWII situps + 23 2-count mountain climbers + 31 single-count SSHs
- Plank-o-rama for the six
- Round 2 – run to 5 different trees and repeat the above except substitute jump-squats for Burpees and CDDs for merkins. Al Gore variety for the six
Mosey to the flower pots in front of the Carillon for a Triple Check (3 is a prime number!), including Balls to the Flower Pots, Box Cutters and run up the steps around the back of the tower and back down.
Mosey to the circle in front of the amphitheater and partner up (2 is also a prime number!). Face your partner and get in plank position between the curbs for Noah’s Ark — front pair perform 11 merkins and then run around the circle to the back of the PAX. When they reach the back, the next pair starts the merkins and so on. The PAX holds plank throughout.
Form a circle in the grass area and perform 23 WWII situps OYO, then a little six-inches and Dolly Ring of Fire – PAX holds six inches and take turns doing 10 Hello Dollies (yep, the Prime Number theme fell apart — old habit going with 10 – and it just freaking hit me…DAMN!). Time is up, let’s head back to the Shovel Flag for COT, number-rama, name-a-rama and Hardywood took us out today.
- VQ week – June 26 — sign up. If you need a Q-partner or Q-mentor to bounce ideas off of, reach out.
- Fudd’s Summer Soiree (5 p.m. June 10th) – RSVP here: http://f3nation.com/2017/05/15/pre-blast-summer-soiree-at-fudds-house/
- Cornhole and Rock N Roll – also June 10th – see Phonics for details
- Moo and Brew — http://f3nation.com/2017/05/27/preblast-june-3-moo-brew-5k-benefiting-crossover-healthcare-ministry-redskins-training-camp-scotts-addition/
- C-ville continues – HoneyDo is heading up Saturday and may have room for 1 or 2 more. RVA also has weeks 5 (June 17 — needs a Q Leader) and 6 (June 24 – Lab Rat has the Q). Jump in if you can.
Strong work today by the PAX and great to have No Tools out for his first bootcamp beatdown. I think he was calling for his bike after the first round of touch-a-tree. Way to push it brother. Thanks for indulging the all prime numbers today, and for pointing out that we skipped 13 in our sequence of counts for touch-a-tree (I’m looking at you Lab Rat). I wanted to get over 100 WWIIs. Also, thanks for not pointing out my brain fart with the 10 Dollies in the ROF…habit.
Thanks for letting me lead this morning me. It is always an honor, a pleasure and a lot of fun!
Til next time…No more Gumbo for you!