7 regulars determined (sort of) to end the work week with a beatdown at TwinTeam…6 of the them were LIFO. As the clock struck 0530, YHC thought this was going to be just me and Rosie down by the schoolyard and we began to mosey toward cover to begin…wait, there are two cars pulling – circle the loop and head back to pick up the LIFOs – Hardywood and the New Market Crew (Marmaduke with Wilson and Honeymoon in tow — damn if that doesn’t sound like the next coming of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. I can totally see Hardywood working the big bag while the other three do their best running man moves in the background — shirts optional; baggy pants mandatory). Once HATNMC settles in, COP begins with obligatory watch and clock comments and SSHs…
Its a plane, its a bird, its an Explorer coming in hot…Its McRib, rolling in on Eastern McRib Time – clearly its an official time zone HAAAALSLEY.
McRib rounds out the PAX for lucky #7 and we actually get to work. Complete COP, which included DQs, Helicopters and Imperial Walkers.
Mosey down the road to the covered walkway by the high school (nearly get run over by the school bus in the process…).
2 minutes of WWII situps – yes YHC is behind on the monthly challenge. PS, Sweet N Sour (Rosie’s 2.0 is killing it!! Props to SNS).
Then 25 Donkey Kicks OYO
Mosey short way to the parking lot for 4-Corners Honeymoon Style
- Begin in corner 1 with 25 WWII situps and 10 monkey humpers
- Run to corner 2 and perform 20 2-count mountain climbers, then backwards run back to corner 1 for 25 WWII situps and 10 MHs
- Run corner 2 and perform 20 2-count mountain climbers, then run to corner 3 and perform 30 jump squats, then backwards run to corner 2 for 20 2-count mountain climbers, then backwards run back to corner 1 for 25 WWII situps and 10 MHs
- Run corner 2 and perform 20 2-count mountain climbers, then run to corner 3 and perform 30 jump squats, then run to corner 4 and perform 20 2-count mountain climbers, then backwards run back to corners 3, 2 and 1 performing each exercise at the corresponding corner
- Run all the way around the parking lot – corner 2, 3 and 4 and to 1 performing each exercise at the applicable corner
- Plank for the six
Mosey back to covered walkway for 25 donkey kicks OYO and 2-minutes of WWII situps.
Mosey back to elementary school for a quick round of Burpees and Laps around short loop by the front door. 1 Burpee, run a lap, 2 Burpees, run a lap, 3 Burpees, run a lap.
3 MOM, including APDs, Hello Dolly and American Hammers and 10 WWII situps OYO
Back to the flag for COT, number-rama, name-a-rama and YHC took us out.
- New AOs abound – Heartbreak Ridge (West End on Tuesdays), Pole Green (Mechanicsville on Thursdays)
- Charlottesville startup – May 20. See TYA if you can go. Be on the lookout for future clown cars heading to C-ville
- Wilson’s golf tournament, May 19. May be full now, but support the cause anyway — www.forethecause.org.
- Thursday Tennis Socials – see HoneyDo. The PAX today was curious to hear a report from last night, especially whether anyone when full McEnroe and broke a racket.
Unfortunately, no varmints were released today, so that was disappointing (especially to Honeymoon), but the PAX got in some good work nonetheless. Some great fellowship and mumblechatter as always. Thanks for letting me lead this morning men – always a pleasure.
No more Gumbo for you!
Strong work men, even if it was only 42-43 minutes for most of you
Great work Gumbo, good thing you decided to stick close to the parking spots or the New Market van may not have earned their Sugar Shack. Hopefully Marmaduke got the shards of glass out after the WWII bonanza and didn’t damage the seats for the hopeful vehicle sale.
Agree with Rosie, great work this morning Gumbo! Rosie, luckily all glass was removed and no seats were injured due to WWII bonanza. Now the lingering smell left by the New Market crew in the previously mentioned vehicle for sale is another story! Great work fellas!
TT was rained out, much to the disappointment of many PAX, including some SOJ’ers who will remain anonymous.
Ummm, I am all in to being a part of the New Market Crew, but I think we are the wrong sex & race! Great workout Gumbo. Thanks for leading us!
Don’t sell yourself short Wilson. We’ll work on the routine at your next music-based Q.
Did anyone else notice the guy who looks like he does a spread-eagle burpee, a la Flashdance, in the video. He’s F3 material for sure.
Great Q Gumbo!Four corners was no joke. I once saw this movie with Tom Hanks and in it was some albino guy who kept whipping himself in the back like a weirdo. Mine pretty much feels like that.
Pretty amazing that once again we just missed Snuggles and only one person has “seen” her so far. I’m sure she’s super hot.
Way to work fellas. Be super.
Nice job today Gumbo! Thanks for leading us through that nice and rainy expedition of TT. I am going to try to get off Hallsley time next week and get back on schedule.
Great job Pax!