6 Southside regulars posted shook off the soreness from Murph Monday and J-ville’s Jamboree yesterday to post at SOT for some hump-day camaraderie and deep gloom. YHC, being especially sore, had a little something different in mind for Rebound Day at SOT. I hope Splinter would approve. It went something like this:
Mosey to the deep gloom of the track and one lap around to wake all body parts.
Circle up in asphalt area at the end of the track for COP (all IC):
- SSHs x20
- DQ x15 (I think – lots of mumblechatter given the painfully slow cadence)
- Imperial Walkers x15
- Arm Circles 10 small, 5 large; forward and reverse
- LBCs x20
- Flutter Kicks x20
Mosey around the school to the main entrance (waiving to the lovely bus driving applying her make-up while filling the gloom with noxious fumes) and congregate on the steps for a Triple-check, including box jumps, Freddie Mercuries and a short run.
Mosey around the back of the school to the basketball courts where YHC had stashed a basketball for the REBOUND portion of the workout:
- Classic tip drill with a penalty for a break in the chain. If the ball hits the ground or we otherwise lose rhythm = 5 Burpees. After an immediate break (caused by YHC) and 5 burpees, the PAX got it going pretty well. All told, in about 5 minutes of the tip-drill, we did 20 burpees.
- Line up on the sideline of the first court for the Weave – 3 PAX perform the weave down and back across all 4 courts. Remaining 3 PAX plank-o-rama until it was their turn to run the Weave. Our weave needs work!
- Lineup on the baseline for the Wilt Chamberlain (straight from the Exicon – look it up) – sprint to other baseline and perform 100 LBCs, sprint back and perform 100 Squats, Sprint and 100 1-ct Flutter Kicks, spring and 100 Lunges (counting each leg).
Mosey back to the VSF for 3 minutes of Mary — Hello Dolly; Rosalita and American Hammers
Number-rama; name-a-rama and COT with YHC taking us out.
- Wilson’s golf tourney for Galactosemia – May 19th – sign up, donate, show up
- River Run reverts back to a run Monday, April 3 and the new bootcamp (#TwinTeam) kicks off Friday April 7
- Several new AOs in the works for DaVille area folks
- Off the books running opportunity – 0600 Sunday morning at Urban Farmhouse near Midlothian Coal Mines & Library — see Honeymoon or Rosie
Well done today gents. YHC was sore as hell when he woke up this morning, so a kinder-gentler beatdown was in order. However, it certainly got my blood flowing and a sweat going, so I hope you got what you paid for!
Wilson and YHC are participating in a parents basketball game tonight for a St. Edwards school fundraiser – thus the theme. Hopefully we will not need to employ the Weave. If you want a good laugh (or the help us limp to our cars at the end of the evening), we will be at Trinity from 6-8. Come bye – $5 to get in.
Thanks for letting me lead this morning fellas. Our SOT group may be small, but it is strong! A pleasure to lead such a fine group.
No more Gumbo for you!
Harlem Globetrotters here we come! Nice work today men!
Always enjoy breaking out the roundball for some fun, thanks Gumbo. Wilt was manageable until we got to the lunges. Good luck to you guys tonight, wish I could come watch but I don’t think my eyes could handle it.
It was a solid beat down for sure. The Weave….too funny! The B team needs work for sure!
Nice work its great to see this AO grow again!!!
Nice job Gumbo! After my Bob and Weave I may be better suited for the Washington Generals. Thanks for leading today. I think the Pax appreciated the rebound but also got a pretty nice workout also.
Nice job to all!
Tip drill?! Great idea Gumbo. Splinter approved!
Been waiting all day for that! I was really sweating it.
Now I feel like I can throw on my Fletch afro and go kill at some Rock N Jock Basketball tonight (minus the Rocks or the Jocks).