19 pax piled in this morning to take a little trip with Lab Rat around Dogwood Dell. YHC had a loose plan of where he wanted to lead the pax this morning, and he almost pulled it off. Things worked out anyways, with a little help from his friends. Here is the skinny:
- Ball dippers
- Don Quixote, crowd pleasingly slow
- arm circles
- 7’s at the rusty cage: Partner up, 6 pullups, 1 booyah merkin. 5 pullups, 2 booyahs…etc until 1 and 6.
- Accidental Trail Run: the long way round
- Watch the sun rise: Mosey along the Nickle Bridge and admire the spectacular views. Oh yeah, also do 3 burpees per light pole south bound. Winner and ties run to Riverside Drive, bust out 20 merkins, then turn around. As leaders pass the pax, pax members stop where they are, knock out 20 merkins and head back north as well. 5 4-count Freddie Mercuries per light pole on the way home.
- Hodors: Partner carry 20 steps. Both partners perform 5 merkins. Flapjack.
- Mary: Cross leg lifts, Am Hammers, and flutter kicks
Lab Rat has been itching to get back out to Dogpile for a long while now, taking the more conservative route of preparing for a race by bookending his long Sunday runs with off days. What better way to hard commit to a return than to sign on that dotted line for the Q? YHC had a very lucid plan in place which consisted of the following action items:
1) no hopping on 1 leg
3) Take advantage of the increasingly early sunrise.
The plan was either to run the bridge or do Love Hill. Seeing that the morning was going to be clear, Lab Rat chose the burpee Boulevard, even though he pulled out the same bag of tricks earlier in the week at DaVille. Love Hill would have probably been the more appropriate call, but the allure of a sunrise over the James was just to strong of a pull.
Not in the plan however, was the trek thru a trail system that YHC had never actually been on. Lab Rat was trying to get the pax swiftly from the Rusty Cage over to the toll plaza to start the bridge run. While this was a pretty big whoopsy on the Q’s part, he thinks that probably 17 of the 19 pax either didnt care or enjoyed it. Lab Rat and Swirly were the two outlyers….Lab Rat being the moron in charge of getting the pax lost, and Swirly being pretty well hobbled on a sprained ankle. Thus, the name of this BB. Luckily, Sippy Cup was on hand to guide a frazzled Q to the far trail head, and Swirly made it across the moss covered log without incident. Whew, catasrophe…..and Lab Rat being the first person ever kicked out of F3….averted.
The rest was all smiles, in YHC’s er, humble opinion. The sunrise was glorious, the burpees sucked, and at least 2 pax almost puked. Speaking of which, solid effort to Pavarotti for his 2nd post. Dogpile is a workout that just keeps on giving, whether you are ready or not. He hung in there like a boss, and YHC is sure that if he keeps on posting up, he will be dominating in no time.
Also, YHC would be remissed if he didnt give special recognition to Sippy Cup, who stepped up on at least 3 seperate occasions to act as guest Q. True leadership is filling in the gaps, even if your name isnt on the spreadsheet. Tclaps to you, Sippy. Also, that 6″ hold in plank was a brutal call. Well done!
Lab Rat was screwing about today and asked quiet-as-a-mouse Hat Trick to take us out. He stepped up and knocked it out of the park! Helix should be a proud papa.
ET’s is the place to be on Saturday mornings from about 7:20 until 9:30. If you havent been, you are truly missing out. This is one of the highlights of the week for this pax member.
Lastly, YHC is proud to see a heavy presence from The Village People today! Booyah!
- Belmonte race is Saturday. If you are running it, you should know. TYA and Flashdance are making arrangements.
- Frat party at Splinter’s place! March 15th, see the preblast and do the spreadsheet thang. M’s and 2.0’s welcome, keg stands optional.
- Ragnar group is full of runner’s, but have room for a Volunteer, or what Fudd would label as a “trash bitch”. See Toga if you would like to fill out an application for that job.
- Spots available for Smoky Mtn Relay….and also the BRR is taking shape. Speak up to TYA.
Lab Rat apologizes….