14 (no, that’s not a typo) posted for what was written up as the “Nine Minute Complex from Hell.” The hard working PAX made it look easy.., for the most part.
Warmup COP with failing bluetooth speaker: SSH, Good Mornings, Scapula Merkins, Scorpions, Don Quixote, Mtn Climbers, unweighted goblet squats
9 Minute Complex, under weight the entire time except swing burpees (that instruction is for Rosie)
One-Hand Swing x 10-15 ea. hand
One Arm Clean x 10-12 ea. hand
One Arm Snatch x 8-10 ea. hand
One Arm Clean and Press 8-10 ea. hand
Lunge x 10-12 ea. leg
Single Leg Deadlift x 10-12 ea. leg
Two Hand Swing x 15
Goblet Squat x 10-12
Push Press x 8-10 ea. hand
Swing Burpee x 10
2 minute rest while doing leg raises on the curb
Repeat 9 Min. Complex with 1 minute rest doing pull overs on curb
Circle up for “kb ring around the rosie” with two of the PAX completing 2 laps of farmers carry until everyone has completed the carries. Flutter kicks to finish it off
COT: The Carpenter took us out
NMM: First and most importantly, prayers to Gumbo after the passing of his mom last night. Having just been through this, the support of this group was huge for me, and I know everyone is there for Gumbo and his family. Thoughts and prayers with them in the days ahead
Random/much less important stuff:
- Great to see The Carpenter and Mud Face come in from Daville.
- Rosie thought he could do the swing burpee without putting down the weight, but he decided against it.
- JVille was rockin a super sexy bowhunter look with his new RealTree hat.
- Doner Kebab and family may be departing our shores after tomorrow.., but then I guess we would need to build a wall around the Atlantic as well?
- and Honey Do got fixated on one word in the exercise list that became a recurring theme. Since Saab is an expert at junior high humor, I’ll let him figure out the word for the day.
- CSAUP this Saturday
- See Swirly if interested in Smokie Mtn Relay (4/21)
- See Toga if interested in Rangar relay (4/28)