Nine, that’s right nine, posted for some kettlebell fun at the Circus. Sunny and 70 with the regular clanking of kettlebells in the morning.
Thang: Circle up for warmup COP. Consult weinke for first pair of many exercises.
- Sumo squat and press + kb swings: alternating 3×10 ea.
- Deadlift to jump squat + curb pullovers: alternating 3×10 ea.
- Swing switch + curls: alternating 3×10 ea.
- Plank pass + single arm row (5 ea. arm): alternating 3×10 ea.
- Reverse lunge (5 ea. leg) + kb drivers: alternating 3×10 ea.
- Single leg deadlift (5 ea. leg) + hip-up/sit-up: alternating 3×10 ea.
Circle up for lots of conveyor belt kb passes, and Attila took us out in the COT.
NMM: It was good to be back at the Circus, and it was great to see such a solid PAX. Per the list above, we tackled several new exercises, and YHC often leveraged a weinke to make sure the pairings were correct. In the middle of the first set Rosie observed, “you need a weinke for this?” At my advanced age, yes, but it should be noted that the mumble chatter was pretty nonexistent. The PAX may have decided to conserve their breath as we progressed through the list. It’s also worth noting that Santa delivered Rosie a nice new 35 lb kb for Xmas. It’s all about the gains! YHC was also truly impressed to look up from my swings to see perfect form from Gumbo. YHC started to draw the PAX’s attention to Gumbo as a Maximus icon when it became apparent that Gumbo was using some kind of lightweight, FitnessLady brand kettlebell. Maybe Gumbo was on the naughty list and didn’t get a nice new 35.
Strong work today by all!