Seven Spider Run regulars + 1 FNC (friendly new car) convened at the commons for the weekly hillfest known as Spider Run. Route was a somewhat basic loop with various offshoots to add mileage. Prescribed route was:
– Head south to the entrance on River Road
– Down the hill, through the parking lot and west towards the bridge
– Take a right at the fork to stay on Westham Station
– First offshoot was right on Panorama, up to River and back down
– Second offshoot was supposed to be right on Highland, up to River and back down
– Third offshoot was for 6 milers and was left on Ross, down to the tracks and back up
– Everyone return back via South Ridge, Westham Parkway, Lakewood, around the ball field and back to the virtual shovel flag
The route was inspired by Saab’s 5 finger run last week. For the most part the directions were followed. On paper this route seemed simple; however, the second offshoot was actually a right up Old Bridge when then veered off to Highland. Apologies for the confusion on that turn. Luckily the PAX is becoming well versed in the streets around Spider Run to be able to improvise as necessary. Perhaps there should have been a little mother goose in there.
Great to see Copernicus back on the run. Always good when a Kotter makes it back in the mix.
YHC pulled up and noticed that TYA was sporting a new vehicle, presumably one that runs on petroleum products. YHC took the opportunity to name the FNC the Shaggin’ Wagon. Welcome Shaggin’ Wagon!
Great way to start the morning gents. See you soon.