10 strong young souls posted this morning for a Friday morning shakedown run. Here’s what’s up:
- 6 Milers:
Grove to Boulevard to….run whatever you want, you know what’s up.
- 5 Milers: Grove to Boulevard up the steps of the Carillon and return via Douglasdale over 195, then skirt Windsor Farms on Portland, finally making your way back to Grove and home to MMES. GPS should have you at 5.25 miles, give or take.
- 4 Milers follow same out route to the tennis courts, make a loop around courts and bring Shepard back to Cary, then choose your own route back to Grove and MMES. 4.25 miles CONFIRMED.
YHC was hoping that his two lost souls from last attempt (Copernicus and Back Bay) would be in the mix this morning so that YHC could guide them thru what has become Lab Rat’s favorite Friday morning route, but alas, the siren that is the fartsack sings a sweet song…especially when the temperature starts to dip. Lab Rat was still determined to be the last man in on the 5 mile option today, picking up any wayward sheep along the way. But what good is a shepard when the flock is a bunch of Sheepdogs? All present were a bunch of grizzled veterans that know the city and route better than the Q, so YHC ran with Upchuck and we battled to get in the highest word count. In the end, Upchuck once again out-paced the Rat in the motor mouth category, an impressive feat to say the least.
Word has it that the 4 milers had a great run, and the 6 milers did their own thing….which is perfectly cool with the Q, as long as all pax arrive back at the VSF in time for circles, which they did. Well done!
- January 21st is the F3RVA CSAUP event, mark your calenders….preblast to come.
- Long distance mountain run in early planning stages by Lab Rat and TYA for the week between Christmas and New Year. If you are interested, please speak up to one of the above and we will try our best to accomodate travel and work plans. This will be weather dependent on when we go.
- Note to self: Announements should be kept shorter to prevent pax from “drifting”.
A great energy by the pax this morning, and great to see Aisle 5 and Lug Nut punching out some miles! Also, thanks to Saab for the shock this morning! I will remember that quote for a long time.
Miley Lab Rat out.