15 HIMs congregated under the street light this morning for a BANG start to the day. Some were short on sleep after last night’s nail-biting, but posted up anyways. Hopefully, Lab Rat could make the post worth their while:
- Don Quixotes
- Merkins (cut short to stop the insanity)
- Arm Circles
- 8 count body builders
- Rusty Ninja: Starting at tall end of rusty cage, each pax member does his best to get as far around the cage as possible using slide or hand over hand technique. Once feet hit the ground by way of slipping or upon reaching the end (0 pax), Al Gore. Upon completion, 20 plerkins, then 20 pull-ups (with or without assistance).
- Modified Beast: On Carillon field, perform 6 excersizes at each flag to the end, 6 on the way back, total of 36 of each: 1) Merkins 2) burpees/Dreya rolls 3) 2-count Freddie Mercury’s 4) 2-count flutter kicks (5 & 6 eliminated for time).
- RESPECT to vets: In the shadows of the Carillon and with the flags in the middle, each pax member states name and branch of friend/loved one that served. All pax give RESPECT (and burpee) in honor of mentioned vet.
- RESPECT to pax vets: from plank, pax tried to think of all F3RVA members that have served. Merkin and RESPECT for each pax name thrown out. Names included: Lab Rat, HoneyDo, Flashdance, Spotter, Protest, Tigger, Toucan, Grizzly, Gumbo, who am I missing?
So in light of how nasty of an election this was, and how strongly both sides felt regarding the other, YHC purposely steered way clear of any political themed workouts this morning. Also to be avoided was a merkin-heavy workout, as they have been done in spades this month. YHC tried to thow a little curve ball by calling them in COP, but abruptly terminating them early (me thinks there may have been applause). Instead, we tried something a little different with some 8 count body builders. Those are difficult to call cadence and perform at the same time! Also new was the “rusty ninja”, which was as difficult as it sounds. YHC definitely needs work on that skill. After blowing arms and shoulders out at rusty cage, it was time to mix in some running. YHC was delivering some shovelflags this morning, so he decided to make full use of them as markers in “the beast”.
The standout hit of the morning, however was the circle of respect. Emotions were definitely high as we each expressed RESPECT to friends and family that had at some point signed their name upon that line, which stated that he/she was willing to pay up to and including their life in defense of Country. YHC knows that Veteran’s Day isnt until Friday, but he figures some poetic license could be given here.
Also, if you are reading this and you served, please sound off in the comments so that we as a pax can give you the TClaps you deserve.
Lab Rat out.