14 Redwoods witnessed a beautiful sunrise from atop Mt. Trashmore at the inaugural planting of the Hampton Roads shovel flag. It begins again, and here’s how it went down:
Mosey to shovel flag for warm-up COP: 15 SSH, 15 Imperial Walkers, 15 Don Quixote, 10 Merkins, 15 LBCs
Mosey 1st field: 50% run, 75% run, Karaoke x2, 2x bear crawl half the field then run, 2x crab walk half the field then run, Plankarama
Mosey to benches for 10 dips and 10 squats in cadence repeato x2, 10 derkins
Arc loader to footbridge then run the rest, repeato x3
Mosey back to pavilion and partner up for People’s Chair while partner runs to base of Mt Trashmore, repeato x4
Mosey up steps to top of Mt. Trashmore, enjoy an amazing sunrise, 10 merkins, 10 flutter kicks from side of hill, 10 derkins, run down steps and complete 10 incline merkins
Mosey back to field and partner up for LBCs while partner touches 5 trees, repeato x2
Mosey back to shovel flag for 5 Minutes of Mary: LBC, Alabama Prom Dates, Hello Dolly, Rosalita, Superman/American Hero
Moleskin: Mount Trashmore may not sound glorious, but the newest F3 AO has tons of potential for future beatdowns. The PAX took up the challenge and crushed the first workout, and YHC knows that this group is going to kill it in the Hampton Roads area. You could see the red pill taking hold as they pushed themselves through the first of many to come. There were several highlights, and here are a few of the better ones:
- YHC left his shoes on the back porch, but Lab Rat packs 3 pairs and was ready to help a Q out. Lab Rat also left one of his shirts in the Toga Mobile just to get a call back. YHC has seen this trick before and will not fall for it.
- Splinter and Upchuck got to meet a contingent of Campos in the parking lot prior to launch. There were some interesting differences, and some pleasantries were exchanged.
- Dreamliner is pumped about growing the PAX, and his energy is contagious.
- Space Monkey loves his new moniker and can face plant during bear crawls with the best of them.
- Best wishes to Average Joe as he gets ready for his Spartan Race and then rehabs the knee (note: not F3 related)
- We’ll be anticipating the announcement of Priorities’ new addition.
- Mentos sighs when Lab Rat keeps talking just like everyone in the RVA PAX.
- Thanks to the RVA PAX for making the trip!
It was a huge honor to lead this morning and be a part of a growing F3 Nation. Pass it on #leap