6 stalwarts posted to the Swamp at River Run to push themselves on a fantastic Halloween morning, and it went a little something like this:
Daily mile – The PAX headed out for the last October daily mile with a run to the track at the football field and a 2 laps around the tract. It was more than a mosey, as YHC’s watch clocked us at just over a 9 minute mile – way to push it men.
Circle up in the endzone for COP:
- Imperial Walkers x10 IC
- SSH x 31 IC (see what I did there?)
- Copper head squats x10 IC
- LBCs x31 IC
- Hillbillies x10 IC
- Flutter kicks x10 IC
Line up for three rounds of the modified Suck:
- PAX 1 on the goal-line – AMRAP LBCs
- PAX 2 on the 5 yard line – AMRAP SSHs
- PAX 3 on the 10 yard line – AMRAP Freddy Mercuries
- PAX 4 on the 15 yard line – AMRAP jump squats
- PAX 5 on the 20 yard line – AMRAP APDs
- PAX 6 = Rabbit — sprint to far goal-line and back (round 3 to the 50 yard line and back)
- When rabbit returns to the goal-line each PAX member bear crawls to the next station and the PAX member on the 20 yard line becomes the rabbit
Mosey to the poles at the end of the parking lot for a good round of pole-smoker Indian Run with PAX holding 6 inches and completing 10 pole smokers when it is your turn then running to the end.
Bear crawl up the hill and run back to the shovel flag for Mary.
- Dolly x20 IC
- Rosalita x20 IC
- Box Cutters x10 IC
- Flutter Kicks x20 IC
- Freddy Mercuries x20 IC
- Superman for 1 minute
COT – name-a-rama, number-rama, and YHC took us out.
Being Halloween and both the last day of the daily mile challenge and the eve of the merkin challenge, YHC decided it was a merkin/burpee holiday for the PAX and instead we got some running in and punished our abs – tighten up boys!. The entire PAX pushed it hard right out of the gate with a blazing mile and lightening fast sprints for the modified Suck. Way to work men.
- Tomorrow we begin the merkin challenge and start inching closer to some cold mornings (maybe?). Sign up for the challenge and set your own goal as needed. The important thing isn’t the total number but the daily commitment – make it happen.
- The first clown car heads down to Mount Trashmore this weekend. Toga has the Q. Keep EH’ing and find a weekend that you can make a road trip for a workout.
I hope everyone enjoys a safe Halloween with the kids.
No more Gumbo for you!