5 SOT regulars posted this warm Fall morning for some SOT gloom to get the blood moving. The PAX was greeted with the lovely sounds and smells of SOT, including the refreshing bus exhaust fumes that really get the juices flowing. YHC’s weinke was full so I spared the PAX of the daily mile and got it taken care of before the workout. YHC came in hot off the track and the workout went something like this:
COP = The Gross – 12 exercises, 12 repetitions each, all IC:
- Imperial Walkers
- Don Quixotes
- Copperhead Squats
- Flutter Kicks
- Seal Jacks
- Freddy Mercuries
- Crab Cakes
- Box Cutters
8-count body builders with Pan Pax count – around the horn 2x for a total of 10
Plank-o-rama for 2 minutes
Ciabatta – each included 8 intervals
- Round 1 – 20 seconds = merkins; 10 seconds = superman
- Round 2 – 20 seconds = Monkey Humpers; 10 seconds = LBCs — audible: for last 3 sets rest for the 10 second intervals
- Round 3 – 20 seconds = SSHs; 10 second intervals alternated between Ball Dippers and Rest (4 of each)
- Round 4 – 20 seconds = Flutter Kicks; 10 second intervals alternated between Freddy Mercuries and rest
Mosey to the steps at the front of the school for The Super 21 with box jumps and WWII situps – or as much of it as we could finish in the time remaining. The Super 21 involves 2 exercises and a ladder starting with 1 rep of each exercise (today – 1 box jump, then 1 WWI) and increasing the reps by 1 (2-2, 3-3, 4-4…) all the way up to 21 of each at the end. Clearly, more time is required to complete the Super 21, but each PAX member completed between 10 and 13 of each exercise today. This will come back again soon with proper time allotted.
Mosey back to the flag for COT, number-rama, name-a-rama and YHC took us out.
Lot of action today, and we learned that filling the 10 second rest periods in Ciabattas with another workout (even an easy one like Supermans) makes those hurt so much more. Way to push through it all today men – strong work.
The Gross was a good way to start the workout and it got the sweat going.
Beware of all of the charm of SOT, including bus fumes, extreme darkness in some areas and, as Aisle 5 can attest from his run to the AO – falling acorns that will actually chase you in the darkness.
- HDHH – 5:00 p.m. at Hardywood (Zima’s and B&J’s place) – be there if you can. No pre-workout, just 2nd F.
- Pick up a Style Weekly if you can – our very own Hardywood and his M grace the cover this week as they are featured (along with YHC and many other interesting people doing great things in our community) in this years Top 40 Under 40 — strong representation for F3RVA.
- Continue to headlock for F3-Hampton Roads and sign up to join a clown car for one of the upcoming Saturday workouts at Mount Trashmore.
Own the day gentlemen.
No more Gumbo for you!