What a great feeling morning in DaVille. With temperatures in the 60s and the parking lot lights on, the atmosphere was perfect for 12 men to end the workout with a Tabata beatdown. Here is what we did:
- SSH x 15
- Don Quixote x 15
- Arm Circles x10 little, x5 big, Reverso
- Merkins x10
- LBC x 20
- Partner Suicides: The first partner sprints to and from the first cone. The second partner then does the same. Each partner will run to and from the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, then 3rd, 2nd and 1st cones. Plank when complete. Repeated with exception of counting down at the end.
- Mosey to the school
- 8 minute variety set: 10 Donkey Kicks followed by 10 Jumping Lunges. Jog about 20 feet. 10 Hand to Elbow Merkins followed by 20 Mountain Climbers. Bear Crawl to begin the circuit again with Donkey Kicks. Do this for 8 total minutes.
- Mosey back to field
- 3 Sets of Tabata (All had 8 Cycles for total of 4 minutes per set)
- Set 1 – Alternate – cycle of Tuck Jumps followed by cycle of Angled Knee Jumps.
- Set 2 – Merkins – For first 4 cycles, hands should be close and spread them each cycle until you are doing a wide grip Merkin by the 4th cycle. Repeat.
- Set 3 – Alternate – cycle of Burpies and a cycle of Friddie Mercuries.
- Mosey back to Shovel Flag
In planning for his VQ, YHC had two huge concerns.
1. How dark it was the prior week because LabRat got lost while leading the PAX through the back of the campus.
2. What are the F3 names for many of the exercises YHC plans to do?
Anticipating it being extremely dark on the Atlee campus, YHC arrived at 5 AM with cones and flashlights to set up the Suicide course. What a pleasant surprise that the parking lot lights had been turned on by 5 AM throughout the campus. This made YHC not worry too much about concern #2.
While determining the exercises for the 8 minute variety set, YHC remembered what LabRat had told him about Qing: Do a few exercises that you are good at and a few that you suck at. The two YHC sucks at were Donkey Kicks and Bear Crawls. Those two exercises gave the appearance that 8 minutes seemed much longer as pointed out by Sticky.
Tabata was new to most of the PAX. During the Merkin set, Circle K reminded YHC that people had to work that day. YHC may have forgotten that detail since he was off.
It was a pleasure leading this great group of men this morning.
- ReeseStrong 5K is September 17. F3 team is currently in 3rd place. Great job. F3 will set up a tent. For questions, see LabRat or Phonics. The website is http://www.reesestrong.org/reesestrong-5k/.
- DaVille now has a Facebook Messenger group with F3 nicknames. This is a good way those who workout at DaVille to communicate with each other.
- A run is going to be added on Mondays. We will meet up at Atlee High School. LabRat will set this up.
- Saturday at Dogpile, wear a flannel shirt. It is the 25th anniversary of Smells Like Teen Spirit.
- For those that have yet to sign up to F3, we have a much simpler process now. Text F3RVA to 97000, process takes about a minute. That’s it! This will put you in the database, which will allow you to contribute to back blasts. Also, we will have emergency contact info in case something happens at a workout.
Spike took us out.