5 posted for a glorious RVA morning at the Punisher. It went something like this:
Mosey to northeast corner for 10 merkins (Note: The PAX was told that merkins and burpees had to be chest to the deck for the entire workout.) Line up at the soccer field for circuit fun:
- 50% to other end, 10 merkins, backwards run back, flutters kicks
- 75%, 20 2 count flutter kicks, backwards run back, toe touches
- AYG, 10 burpees, backwards run back, LBCs
- Partner carry down and back, 20 WWII sit-ups
- Wheelbarrow down, power skip/jump (yeah, I know) back, plank fun
- Repeato x3
Mosey to playground for 8 pull-ups and 10 Bulgarian squats per leg, repeato x3, Freddy till all done
Mosey to flag for American Hammers, Scissors, single leg APDs
NMM: There was little mumble chatter throughout this little jaunt around LHE, and that’s always a good sign. This was not the original workout YHC planned, but they rarely happen the exact way you intend. Splinter rolled in and gave us an odd number, so the PAX needed to modify. Splinter unknowingly saved everyone from something that YHC will save for another day.
Great work today!
Some items of note:
- Splinter and Swirly took a spill during partner carries. It looked like someone stepped on a spider with long legs and arms everywhere.
- YHC learned that the fireman’s carry is not the swiss army knife of partner carries. Doing more squats would likely help with that.
- Two more spots open for the BRR
- Exploratory committee formed for 9/24 Wintergreen Spartan Race, see Toga