Cold weather changes things, but not all of it is for the worst. Alright, YHC can’t think of any reason that it helps except that it is good for pushing yourself. 16 (I think?) posted for a glorious 17 degree morning at NoToll, and here’s most of what happened:
Pile up the iron in the parking lot before COP: SSH, Mtn Climbers, Russian Soldiers, maybe something else.
Grab your favorite weight and bear crawl with it down the parking lot. Lunge back while doing through the legs passes of the weight.
Circle up for:
- Goblet squats
- KB Swings
- Discus, ea. arm
- Shopping cart/High to low side press ea. arm
- King Kongs/clean, curl, press
- Bear crawl with weight up the parking lot then partner up for farmer’s carry (your weight plus partner’s) back to cars while partner does mtn climbers: repeato x4
- Bear crawl with weights back to circle
- AMRAP: 10 swings, 10 goblet squats, 10 shoulder press for 5 minutes
- Plank for 30 sec and goblet squat for 1 min: repeato x4
- Hold hip thrust for 1 min and deadlift for 1 min
- Take the weights back
NMM: Where to begin on this one? First, I think the workout above is a rough estimate of what we did. It was pretty much a stream of exercises and on the fly changes based on some notes scribbled on a weinke (Yes Wilson, I had a weinke.) and a desire to keep moving. Great work by the PAX in what was not the usual F3 workout.
Notes in no particular order:
- Everyone is a music critic, and Toga’s music selection got as many positives as negatives. It’s still better than staring at each other.
- Damn, that was a lot of goblet squats.
- Welcome back to TYA, and it was good to see he and DK sharing a special love for all things London.
- YHC lost the roll call because the iphone froze (not kidding). YHC also almost didn’t get home when the key fob froze and Mr Durango didn’t think it was there. The fob was warmed to finally get it to start. Don’t ask how I warmed it.
- Great to see Monkey Wrench back after his first post just yesterday!
- See TYA if interested in the Frostbite 15k
- Tell your friends and other sad clowns about F3. Let us know if you have ideas for other AOs or workouts.