On the last day before the arrival of OBT, 12 of the faithful posted on a foggy, balmy morning at #NoToll.
Warm up Mosey to the parking lot.
SSH x 20
Merkin x 20
Imperial Walker x 20
Slow Squat x 15
Mosey to the far end of the soccer field with the finest grass in the greater Richmond area for a modified Ark Loader.
– Karaoke facing left to the 50, 10 burpees, sprint to the end line, plank until PAX finishes.
– Karaoke facing right to the 50, 10 burpees, sprint to the end line, plank until PAX finishes.
– Lunge to the 50, 10 merkins, sprint to the end line, plank until PAX finishes, X 2.
– Crab walk/Bear Crawl to the 50, sprint to the end, plank until PAX finishes, X 2.
Mosey to the near soccer field for a Menage. Team up in threes to complete a combined total of 90 reps of three separate exercises:
– Step-Ups (alternating legs, x 15 per side)
When each exercise is complete, the team runs to the end of the soccer field and back.
Side plank dip (x 20 each side)
LBC x 20
Stretch Merkin x 10
Finished with wind sprints across the soccer field and back.
To say that the Gloom was impressive this morning is an understatement. The 60 degree temps combined with the moisture from the fields created a fog that made the PAX resemble a Jane Goodall research project. Turns our Crab Walks and Bear Crawls silence MumbleChatter, so we will have to work on that going forward. Also, Johnsonville and Chum Bucket have an extra gear when it comes to sprints. Perhaps a couple of new candidates for the restrictor plate? DK did point out that Chum Bucket got an extra 15 minutes of beauty sleep, so he had some extra in the tank. Some interesting discoveries from this morning:
– You can indeed “Recover” from a core exercise while lying down
– Toga may or may not have had a poster of Burt Reynolds in a fur on his wall in high school
– The PAX got stronger and stronger throughout the Thang
Great work this morning, men. It is inspiring to see our group continue to post and get stronger each week. We have much to be thankful for, so enjoy this week and show OBT what we’re made of on Thursday. Be STRONG and go forward with purpose!