A lucky 7 PAX broke free and started their chilly morning off with a bowl of Gumbo. It has been a minute since Gumbo has been spotted on the menu at Timberwolf. It was good to be back. 0530 time to mosey…
Mosey to the front parking lot for COP (you will notice a theme today), including:
- SSHs IC, then 1 merkin OYO
- DQs IC, then 2 merkins OYO
- Imperial walkers IC, then 3 merkins OYO
- Russian Soldiers IC, then 4 merkins OYO
- Copperhead Squats IC, then 5 merkins OYO
- Helicopters IC, then 6 merkins OYO
- LBCs IC, then 7 merkins OYO
- Freddie mercuries IC, then 8 merkins OYO
- [something else]IC, then 9 merkins OYO
- Alternating Shoulder Taps IC, then 10 merkins OYO
11s – mosey over to the large parking lot and start at lightpole 1 with 10 merkins and 1 jump squat. Run to lightpole 2, 9 and 2. Run to lightpole 3, 8 and 3….continue around the lot until the 10th lightpole where you do 1 and 10.
Wall time – mosey over to the school and find some wall. 3 rounds as follows:
- 10 donkey kicks; bear crawl to the curb; 10 burpees
- 20 donkey kicks; bear crawl to the curb; 20 2 count flutter kicks
- 30 donkey kicks; bear crawl to the curb; 30 APDs
Lightpole Alley – mosey to the beginning of lightpole alley. There are 10 lightpoles. Starting at lightpole 1, do 10 merkins OYO, run to lightpole 10 and do 1 burpee, then run back to lightpole 2 and do 10 merkins OYO and Al Gore for the Six. Continue this pattern all the way to lightpole 10 always with 10 merkins to begin and 10 merkins to end. Exercises in the middle included various counts of: box cutters, SSHs, American hammers, hello dollies, rosalitas, crab cakes, WWIIs, and others.
Mary – with 1 minute left, flutter kicks in cadence.
COT, Number-rama, Name-a-rama and YHC took us out.
- Thanksgiving convergence at Mary
- Black Friday Run-a-thon at the market at Batteau – see TYA for details
- The merkin challenge is on, get on board – 300 merkins today at Timberwolf all in increments of 10. Large things done in small batches!
- Prayers for Tobit’s grandmother and family, for Marmaduke’s MIL and family and for Boberry’s brother-in-law and family.
There was little nip in the air, but Wilson did not sport the Bills Starter Jacket. He is saving it for the Super Bowl!
Great being back out at Timberwolf. Great PAX – lots of mumblechatter – and even some talking. Most of the mumblechatter came in the form of noxious fumes from Wilson…powerful stuff!
Line O’ the Day (and title) came during the 11s. As Tobit and Nancy and I were at about lightpole 8 or 9 doing jump squats, Tobit says “man, these jump squats hurt.” And, Nancy immediately responds: “yeah, that’s because you are doing them correctly”. Hysterical! Gotta know when to modify gentlemen!
Way to work and thanks for coming out.
No More Gumbo For You!