Twenty men and 1 faithful companion total out at SOT this morning. 15 started their day with a warm bowl of fermented Gumbo. 5 took to the roads around SOT to continue race training. Well done all!
For the Bootcamper 15, it went something like this:
COT – Mosey down to the field and spot the PoPo parked in the lot down there when he/she shined the spotlight on the PAX and then left the scene. At the field, Van Halen tunes were started and COT went as follows:
- SSHs IC x10
- Imperial Walkers IC x10
- Don Qs SLOW IC x10
- Helicopters IC x10
- Merkins IC x10
- LBCs IC x20
- Freddie Mercuries IC x10
Tribute to Van Halen with a JUMP-starter. Plank position, perform the up movement of the burpee with a jump every time you hear the word “Jump” then back down into plank. No biggie, just a 4-minute plank with about 30 “jumps”. That will get the blood flowing and wake the muscles up. May see that again on the circuit.
S-T-A-C-H-E Time. Line up on the field end line for the following:
- S – SSHs x84 OYO, run length of the field and back, Al Gore for SIX;
- T – “Taps” Alternating Shoulder Taps IC x42, run, plank for SIX;
- A – APDs IC x42, run, Al Gore;
- C – Carolina Dry Docks x84 OYO, run, plank;
- H – “Humpers” Monkey Humpers x84 OYO, run, Al Gore;
- E – Eighty Four Seconds of PLANK (feel the burn);
Mosey 1 lap around the track with the tunes in tow to shake out the muscles
Triple Check Time at the bathroom building. 1 team member runs up the hill and back; 1 does Chicken-peckers, 1 does WWIIs. Three rotations, you know the drill.
Lunges in place for the SIX.
BTTF and plank for SIX and for the bell.
COT, Numbers, Names, Announcements and YHC took us out
- DTH says shirts should be delivered in the next week or two.
- Shoe collection. SOJ is ahead now – let’s keep it that way! Men’s shoes and kids shoes. All kinds welcome. Bring them out to AOs throughout the month.
- Boberry has the Q for third F on Zoom – Tuesday at 7pm
Great to get back in the Q saddle. And, amazing to have such a great PAX there this morning. The “84” reps in the STACHE workout was a tribute to YHC’s mom, who would have been 84 today!
Oh, and did I mention that the STACHE BROS won the cornhole tournament on Saturday. Ok, I promise, last time I’ll bring that up…today.
Strong work by all. Beautiful morning for it. Keep getting stronger men. Keep working hard. Be the best you can be all day, every day.
No More Gumbo For You!