Eight men did not have to worry about the traffic on 95 this morning as they awake, likely stepped outside, took out their phones, tablets, or computers, and logged into another Zoom episode of VR-Dog. This was YHC’s first attempt at a virtual Q. This is his recollection of what occurred.
One minute mosey somewhere in close to your house.
- 1 burpee followed by 2 merkins OYO
- SSH – 10 IC
- 2 burpees followed by 4 merkins
- Don Quixotes – 10 IC
- 3 burpees followed by 6 merkins
- Helicopters – 10 IC
- 4 burpees followed by 8 merkins
- Arm Circles – 10 big, 5 small IC
- 5 burpees followed by 10 merkins
- Arm Circles – Reverso – 10 big, 5 small IC
- 6 burpees followed by 12 merkins
- Step Back Lunges – 10 IC
- 7 burpees followed by 14 merkins
- LBCs – 20 IC
- 8 burpees followed by 16 merkins
- Freddie Mercuries – 15 IC
- 9 burpees followed by 18 merkins
- Rosalitas – 20 IC
- 10 burpees followed by 20 merkins
At end of COP, the total is 55 burpees and 110 merkins.
Two minute mosey somewhere near your house.
- Tabata #1 – One leg Lunges, Alternate between legs for 4 rounds with each leg.
- Tabata #2 – Alternate between V-Ups and Foot-to-Hand Mountain Climbers – 4 rounds of each.
- Tabata #3 – Start with Wide Grip Merkins. For each round, make them more narrow. The 4th round is close grip merkins. For Round 5, go back to Wide and reduce until close on round 8. (Likely around 160 Merkins)
- Tabata #4 – Alternate between SSHs and Burpees – 4 rounds of each. (Likely around 20 Burpees)
- Tabata #5 – Side Plank moving hip up and down, one legged APDs, Other side Plan, other leg for APDs. – Had to cut this to 6 rounds.
Number-O-Rama, Name-O-Rama, Announcements, YHC took us out.
Yesterday, YHC asked Offshore if he could take today’s Q. Knowing he wanted to do Tabata, YHC figured out that Fitbit has an online Tabata tracker with sound. What was discovered during the bootcamp was that the Tabata tracker’s sound did not work well or at all when shared through Zoom. Still, it changes colors between red, green, and yellow what worked well.
Another observation from YHC was how much noise you make as Q during the Virtual COP. YHC is just happy there was no complaining from the neighbors. If they can see me, I’m sure their wondering why YHC is counting out loud to nobody.
Thank you Offshore and Boberry for taking the lead in setting up another F3 option during the lockdown. This has been awesome.
For the Daville Merkin challenge, there were around 270 Merkins and 75 Burpees for a total of 345. (This number depended on how many merkins and burpees were completed during Tabata but its likely close.)
- Tomorrow is Corned Beef’s one year F3 Anniversary. His planned takeover week will take place later in the summer after the lockdown.
- Happy Hour on Zoom at 6 pm tonight. See Offshore’s preblast.
- Davillians will have a Memorial Day bootcamp at Hanover Wayside Park where there is the Hanover Veterans memorial. Our plan is to return to the Brown’s Island Memorial Day convergence next year once we can gather in larger numbers again.
It was an hour to lead the Virtual Bootcamp today. Stay Safe everybody!
Great VR-Q Phonics. Loved the variation of the escalating burpees during COP.
Seemed like there was a battle for airtime between my dog and Offshore’s dog. My dog had a pine cone and Offshore’s was a frisbee. Reminds me that I wish we could do a game of ultimate soon.
See you all virtually soon.
Nice virtual Q Phonics! COP was brutal this morning. …Thanks for bringing the pain.
Nice work Phonics. I definitely needed a nap after this one. The Tabata timer was a great innovation.
The escalating burpees during the COP was first introduced to me by Splinter. He had the Dogpile Q and very calmly led the COP with one burpee followed by an exercise. He then went to 2, 3, and so on. I remember being relieved when he stopped at 10. For the merkin challenge, I thought this along with doubling the merkins was a good way to build the total merkin count.
Great workout this morning, COP was brutal but I am glad we mustered through it! Never thought I would be happy to do just 10 Burpees. Hard to believe that it will be a year tomorrow. I look forward to working out with the F3 brothers in person soon. In the meantime Zoom will have to do! Cheers …CB