A lucky 13 assembled at W Dog for a fitting tribute on this Day of Remembrance. With near perfect conditions and an eager PAX ready to tackle the gloom, the PAX set off one minute early to get a jump start on this morning’s beatdown.
Mosey to the circle: SSHs, DQs, Imperial Walkers, Merkins, LBCs.
Carefully mosey down to the base of the amphitheater for marching orders:
Exercise I – 110 Circuit
Paying tribute to those who climbed all 110+ floors on this day 18 years ago.
Groups of 3.
- One performs exercises – 110s of Merkins, Jump Squats, WW IIs, Plank Jacks, V Ups.
- One performs continuous Step Ups
- One runs the perimeter of the amphitheater
- Switch stations when the running partner returns
Exercise II – Big 11s
Mosey to Bowl Big 11s, partner up.
Bernie Sanders Up, 10 Boo Yah Merkins, Mosey Down, 1 Boo Yah Burpee. Repeato until the reps are switched 1-10.
55 of each movement, 2 movements.
Mosey back to the flag for Mary. Flutter Kicks, Alabama Prom Dates, LBCs.
Numberama, Namerama, YHC took us out with words and moment of silence.
The PAX makes these mornings and beatdowns easier to stomach. I can’t thank each and everyone enough for gutting it out this morning. Enjoyed tackling 110s with Corned Beef and Hardywood and thanks for to EF Hutton and Flange for helping YHC push through the Big 11s.
Was fortunate enough to come across these words last night and thank you for allowing YHC to share this am:
On this day….. 18 years ago
- 246 people woke up and got on early morning flights
- 2,606 people woke up and went into work
- 343 firefighters woke up and went in for their morning shift
- 60 police officers woke up and went out on morning patrol
- 8 paramedics woke up and went in for their morning shift.
None of these persons saw past 10am that morning. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths today and before you go to sleep in preparation for what tomorrow brings, kiss the ones you love, hold those close to you a little tighter and never take one second of your life for granted.
May God continue to bless us all.
– Retreat September 21-22
– Please lift up the families affected by 9-11
– Please lift up Corned Beef and his Co-Worker’s Family on their loss.
– Iron PAX options tomorrow at the Anvil and at Twin Team on Friday (early start at TT at 5:15). CB confirms this week’s beatdown is brutal.
Strong Q Wojo !
Way to work on the jacob’s ladder booyah merkins and burpees Sippy – enjoyed partnering up with you !
See y’all in the gloom..
The Big 11s was awful and good, but mostly awful. Good Q Wojo.
Wojo-tie in to 9-11 w/110…awesome. Enjoyed triple check with you and Hardywood. Big 11 w/ Mr Holland was tough and we eventually figured out the burpee high five with the higher reps! Great seeing everyone this morning. SYITG…CB
Wojo! That was one heck of a Q brother. I’ll keep an eye on the Q sheet to make sure I don’t do big 11s again. Thanks to Splinter for partnering up with me and for not jumping too high on the Boo Ya Burpees.
I was spent this morning. Well done Wojo and nice Carolina socks also.