A strong 9 posted in the darkness of MannDate with bells in hand – 7 regulars and 2 Summer Tourists, including a clueless Q trying to recall old KB exercises. It came back like riding a bike, sort of, and it went something like this:
Mosey (walk with KBs held high overhead) around the parking lot and over to the lighted area by the front door of the school for COP, including:
- Don Quixotes (sans KBs)
- Helicopters (sans KBs)
- Halos IC both directions
- Goblet copperhead squats
- Staggered merkins – IC first with right hand on KB then with left
- Sit and press
11s – Swings (your choice or variety) and merkins
Mosey with KBs held high to side of school to the bus loop and line up at first light post:
MannDate’s Light Post Alley:
- At light post 1 – 10 one-hand swings with each hand
- walk with KB high to second light post
- At light post 2 – 10 bent rows with each arm
- walk to light post 3 passing KB around your waste (slingshot)
- At light post 3 – 10 boat and canoe
Lay on curb with head off the end — 10 triceps extensions IC and 10 pullovers IC
Back to the alley for a reverse Light Post Alley – same exercises reverse order Light Post 3 back to 1.
- Snatch – alternate hands
- Sit and press
- Run the bus loop
11s on the school wall with Goblet Squats and Donkey Kicks
Mosey back to the front of the school COP area
Ring of Fire:
- Hold six inches with KB overhead
- First man does 10 boat and canoe then back to six inches – pass it around
- when the 7th man starts boat and canoe, first man does 10 American Hammers and passes it along chasing the boat and canoes.
Time’s up and I’m spent.
COT, Number-rama and Name-a-rama and YHC took us out.
- Convergence – 0700 at Timberwolf on Labor Day
- Puppy Pile 8/24
- DTH is slinging F3 shirts with names – see previous BBs for the link or talk to DTH
- Prayers out for several PAX members fighting obstacles or with family members going through difficulties – Doozy, TYA’s brother, Helix’s daughter, OC’s son, Wojo’s sister, and others spoken or unspoken. Let’s lift our brothers up and have their backs.
It was a great morning – starting at about 0330 when YHC first woke up, worried I would wake in time to trek to MannDate and worried that I haven’t Q’d a KB workout in a LONG time. Then 0345, 0420 and finally up and at ’em at 0435 – Let’s ROLL. Time to scoop up Rosie and head North.
MannDate was dark but the Davillians turned out to support the guest Q. Much appreciated men. Very strong work today – especially by Chewy leaving it all out there on the bus loop to keep up with Rosie for a lap (and maybe edge him out by a nose — photo finish).
No More Gumbo For You!