7 gloom all-stars posted on this glorious Tuesday and bellied up to the bar for a steaming pot of Gumbo. It was served with the following side dishes:
5 of us Moseyed a lap around the parking lot to allow Garbage Plate to catch up – it didn’t take long. Circle up in the near corner for COP, including:
- SSHs — Flipper appeared LIFO
- Imperial Walkers
- Copperhead Squats
- Tempo Merkins
THE THANG – 7 OF DIAMONDS
Gather at the nearest lamp post for explanation of the routine and the description of the Diamond (i.e., the large square). Start at the first lamp post with the named exercise, run to second and do exercise, then third, then fourth and run back to first lamp post and plank or Al Gore for six as told. 7 rounds total with the following exercises:
- Round 1 – 7 burpees at each lamp post
- Round 2 – 14 merkins at each lamp post
- Round 3 – 21 2-ct Freddy Mercuries
- Round 4 – 28 Squats
- Round 5 – 21 2-ct mountain climbers
- Round 6 – 13 Hello Dollies
- Round 7 – 7 HRMs
Ring of Fire x2
- Round 1 – all holding six inches – perform 10 2-ct flutter kicks (hands straight above head), then jump up and do 10 squats, then plank.
- Round 2 – 10 merkins, then back to holding six inches
- Freddie Mercuries – varying speeds
- American Hammers
Mosey back to the Flag for COT, Number-rama, Name-a-rama and YHC took us out.
- Puppy Pile 8/24
- Labor Day Convergence at Timberwolf – come for some Southern Hospitality. Dishes served HOT at 0700.
- Get your name on a shirt for $43 – see DTH
It was great to take the Q out at Heartbreak. It has been a minute since I Q’d there. At first, I thought it might just be a foursome of Handshake, Offshore, Attila and me. But, then Shakedown, Garbage Plate and later, Flipper, rolled in. So perfect to start with 7 as YHC recently read the 7 of Diamonds routine and wanted to give it a try. I had other things on the menu, but he 7oD turned out to be a one hit wonder today. No worries, I think we got everything we needed out of it.
Strong work me. I enjoyed it.
No More Gumbo For you…until MannDate!
Great morning. Thanks for the fellowship and the motivation fellas.
Fastest BB ever. Good seeing you Gumbo!
I thought I’d be the last one in… been a minute since I’d been to HBR. Enjoyed it Gumbo, fellas
Sorry to miss a Gumbo beatdown at my home AO. Tuckjumps in Cville on Saturday put my back on IR for a few days. Nice work gang.